[SOLVED] CB connect / Facebook login

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #266298 by pdeleeuw
[SOLVED] CB connect / Facebook login was created by pdeleeuw
Hi there,

I try to create a facebook-login since a long time and I am not quite sure where to find my mistake...

If a member tries to login using the fb-login button, the only thing that happens is tha the member gets forwarded to an empty site:
damenbasketball.org/themen/pluginclass?plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook&return=aHR0cDovL2RhbWVuYmFza2V0YmFsbC5vcmcvaW5kZXgucGhwL3Nwb25zb3JzaGlwL3Nwb25zb3Itd2VyZGVu

is this something you can help me with?

My website: www.damenbasketball.org
my FB-App ID: 724674940965446

(might be important: fb says that I need to continue fb-app development by visiting "Items in Review"; however there are no Items to review....)

I reckon this might be no core CB item, in that case, please just tell me so...

Thanks
Best regards
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #266307 by pdeleeuw
Replied by pdeleeuw on topic CB connect / Facebook login
I obvously made everything too difficult.

This article helped me a lot; thank you for this, Kyle!

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x

8 years 8 months ago #269737 by pdeleeuw
Hi Kyle,

now I am again in the same situation:
From most browser / devices it is not possible to sign in with facebook on my site (www.damenbasketball.org).

I get the error saying that the URL is not confirmed by the app, and that the URL must be equal to the domain or a sub domain. I didnt make any changes...

Do you have an idea what to do?

And why should it work for a while and then again not work?
And why can I login from my mobile device (if I dont use chrome) and not from my desktop?

Very thankful for any help on this.

My system info:

Joomla! 3.4.3
CB 2.0.10
Connect 7.0.0-beta.4
PHP 5.4.44-0+deb7u1
Webserver Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)

Best regards
Peter

8 years 8 months ago #269741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect / Facebook login
Sounds like you've users visiting your site with and without HTTP randomly. This causes issues for the social sites domain validation as it's extremely strict (this is not a limitation of CB Connect, but the social sites themselves). You need to use htaccess to force them to the correct domain (with or without HTTP) as configured in your Facebook application to avoid this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269745 by pdeleeuw
Hi Kyle!
I have found the problem and it might occur for other developer as well, so I want to share my experience:

In the app settings, I had inserted my web site domain in the field "App domain" ("basic" tab).
That was obviously a mistake.

I took that entry away and instead I wrote my web site domain into the field "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" ("Advanced" tab). Until today, I had another value in this field: that value standing in the CB plugin parameter, in the field "Callback URL", which I for some reason understood to be the value needed.

After this change, the login works perfectly from any device and from any browser. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn