[#5396] middle tabs alignment, activity module size, activity steam links -- link

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267589 by jpdenny1
Hello CB,

I hope you don't mind me putting all of these issues together. The middle tabs issue arrived today the others have been persistent - yet I have found no solutions.

I am running on everything latest versions and updates.

1. Just my middle tabs are not displaying fully horizontal. (other tab positions seem to be fine) See attachment 1.

2. I use this (activity module + CB) on two sites with the same template and majority of settings, template settings I believe are the same. Yet the activity module displays at different sizes for each. Attachment 2 & 3...

3. Putting a link in the activity stream or by inserting a web address into the sharing a link option has the desired effect but the link goes to www.mywebsite/thelinkedwebsite, bringing about internal server error 500.

Suspect maybe some parts may be template related, but maybe not, be great to get your feedback anyway and any possible fixes/suggestions.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #267595 by krileon

1. Just my middle tabs are not displaying fully horizontal. (other tab positions seem to be fine) See attachment 1.

I don't see any issue in your screenshot. What are you expecting them to display like? The tabs just flow inline 1 after another and will overflow to a new line if needed. They will not be perfectly and equally sized.

2. I use this (activity module + CB) on two sites with the same template and majority of settings, template settings I believe are the same. Yet the activity module displays at different sizes for each. Attachment 2 & 3...

There is no limit to the stream size. It's entirely based off its container. If you're using the module then you need to use a module position that gives it enough room or it's going to look squashed. Same for component content container. This should all be configurable from your template. The module sizing is also affected by the bootstrap parameters in the modules parameters, but that's all handled by Joomla so whether it does anything or not is up to the template.

3. Putting a link in the activity stream or by inserting a web address into the sharing a link option has the desired effect but the link goes to www.mywebsite/thelinkedwebsite, bringing about internal server error 500.

You need to provide a live site URL. Meaning it needs to include the full domain. Aside from that maybe you've a SEF extension or URL rewrite rule in htaccess that could be altering the URLs as there is no code in CB Activity to prefix shared URLs with Joomlas live_site and am unable to confirm in multiple tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267600 by jpdenny1
Thanks Kyle.

Ok, with links on stream, when I put in the http:// it works correctly. Does it not pick up its absence and adjust?So if www.whateversite.com type in their domain as they would know it well without having to copy and paste - they get system 500 errors on their links. Is there a setting to rectify that at all? Auto action or something I wonder.

I can live with taking out the link sharing option but users could always just write links. When a user simply writes a link into the stream (without http://) it goes to this: www.mywebsite.com/index.php/cb-profile/userprofile/www.linkedwebsite.com - maybe a clue.

The tabs should align horizontally and overflow yes - but in this case they shouldn't overflow. See new attachment where they stack up unnecessarily in middle position but fine on the position below.

(Both modules are set to top_right position. The right positions of the template are set at the same size. Ok weird, set to right position and all is good, apologies should have tried this before posting, most definitely template setting).

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #267602 by jpdenny1
@media (min-width: 768px)
.cb_template .col-sm-5 {
width: 41.66666667%;
}

In com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/bootstrap.css. If I disable the width the tab row (middle position tabs) go back to normal (like the row below it in attachment). Never like messing with these @media types - does this seem like a logical and appropriate solution for this to you?

Edit: I got the above from Inspecting the Element on Chrome.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 9 months ago #267608 by krileon

Ok, with links on stream, when I put in the http:// it works correctly. Does it not pick up its absence and adjust?So if www.whateversite.com type in their domain as they would know it well without having to copy and paste - they get system 500 errors on their links. Is there a setting to rectify that at all? Auto action or something I wonder.

Ah, ok I understand your issue. Was able to confirm and have created a bug ticket to fix for next bug fix release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5396

The tabs should align horizontally and overflow yes - but in this case they shouldn't overflow. See new attachment where they stack up unnecessarily in middle position but fine on the position below.

Looks like you're using Canvas Main Left, which is designed to be at that size. Use a different position and it should display fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267613 by jpdenny1
Cool I found a bug!

I don't use canvas main left or right. This only happened today everything was fine yesterday. I did a bit of work on uddeim last, last night (configuration, uploaded some modules in extension manager, additional templates with ftp).

Think there's something up with my middle positions and to compound the situation it has occured on two separate yet similar websites I'm working on.

I dunno, I'll have a look at/try taking out all middle positions and replacing with some other position to see if that works..Oh I can't actually as there isn't a spare one that is full length.

I'll have a root around knowing that Middle position has canvass main settings should give me a compass point. Any other ideas welcome.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9