[#5428] Lost ability to edit user profiles (both front as well as back end)

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #268308 by Joepvdsteen
No clue why but for some reason I lost the control over editing the User profiles in both the back end as well as the front end

clicking the save button in the front end doesnt do anything, as well as the cancel button

Any pointers on where to look for (as I clearly must have messed up something, although I have no clue why and/or what)

Adding a new user still works, the fields used with registration are correctly saved but the other ones which are not mandetory with the registration cant be changed

Using latest Joomla, latest CB

thanks
Joep

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #268313 by krileon
Sounds like you've a fatal JS error in profile edit. Disable non-core CB plugins within CB > Plugin Management 1 by 1 until the issue goes away as is likely caused by a plugin. It could also be an unclosed HTML tag in a Custom HTML field causing the form element to break so it won't submit properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #268314 by Joepvdsteen
CB_activity is the one causing the problem.

tried uninstall/install
tried nightly build from just now

but as soon as I turn it on, the save profile functionality is lost again.

any idea ? (as I love this activity thing to death :-) ) !

Joep

P.S. no custome HTML fields used

8 years 7 months ago #268335 by krileon
If you've CB Auto Actions installed ensure you've latest release. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration, purge caching if enabled, then retry and see if any errors output. CB Activity doesn't display or do anything in profile edit unless CB Auto Actions is used and you've enabled the activity logging for profile updates. If issue persists unpublish CB Auto Actions if installed and see if issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #268345 by Joepvdsteen
If I did everything correct, this has not solved the problem and has not created any output on errors.

Joep

8 years 7 months ago #268351 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. I am unable to confirm your issue on 2 separate installs. Seams likely a configuration or conflict issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn