[#5427] Joomla Text Filter does not activate when creating CB Blogs

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268331 by haidinh
Hi Nick,

I set up Text Filter in joomla "no html" for all users and when I create CB blogs, I still can add all html codes.

When I create article using joomla menu item. it works.

Can you help me to activate these "text filter" settings for CB blogs too?

Please visit crafst.com to see.

Thank you and regards,

Hai Dinh
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268346 by krileon
CB Blogs has no support for Joomla text filters. CB uses its own filtering system. See CB > Configuration > User Profile and the "Exclude Tags from Filtering" parameter (you currently can not add additional tags to be filtered out). You can not turn off HTML support in CB Blogs and would have to modify CB Blogs for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haidinh

8 years 9 months ago #268347 by haidinh
Hi supporters,

Do you understand my questions above?

I want to apply "Html Tag Filter" when users type in editor area at the front-end.

I set up in Joomla Text Filter but it does not affect CB blogs.

Please tell me if CB can configure itself anywhere?

Thank you and regards,

Hai

8 years 9 months ago #268348 by haidinh
Thank you Krileon,

Can you tell me cmore clearly? Can I block html tag in editor area? For example, if I want to block "strong" tag, how will I do?

Looking forwards to hearing your reply.

Hai

8 years 9 months ago #268350 by krileon
CB has no feature for that at this time. CB also does not support Joomla text filters. Best I can suggest is try using JCE and creating an editor for specific usergroups that excludes the features you don't want them to use. I've added a feature ticket to look into implementing this for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5427

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haidinh

8 years 9 months ago #268353 by haidinh
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply.

Please advise me on some points as follows:

1. What do you mean when saying "would have to modify CB Blogs for that"?

2. Can you tell me the function of the box "Exclude Tags from Filtering"? I put some tags in that box but I find nothing change when I create blogs.

3. Although I am not coding expert, I thought that, there must be a reason Joomla allow admin to set up Text Filter. According to you, is there any thread if we cannot configure that? Is it safe? Please give me some advise because I do not know much about that matter.

Thank you and looking forwards to hearing from you.

Hai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn