[#5450] Problem with activity plugin and jquery.validate.min.js in backend

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269023 by schrammelmann
Hello,

I want show a third party cb tab and the cb activity tab togehter on a tab with some fields. Therfore I created a html field with following substitutions and put it on the destination tab.

Content of html field:

<Title for third party tab>
[cb:usertab tab="25" user="#displayed" /]

<Title for activity tab>
[cb:usertab tab="33" user="#displayed" /]

In Frontend anything works fine. But not in backend. When I try to edit a user profile it is not possible to save the changes. I saw there is a conflict/error in js file jquery.validate.min.js.

When I disable the html field, error is gone.

Question: I don't need the tabs in backend. Is there a possibility to prevent loading in backend. Maybe with conditional substitutions instead of?

Thanks for help!
Michael
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269025 by krileon
You can't display CB Activity in profile edit. It'll break the form and cause issues like you're experiencing. At this time there's no way to suppress a field from backend profile edit as it'll ignore the edit parameter on purpose to avoid normal fields being missing from backend edit. A substitution would be a good way to avoid this. I've added a feature ticket to implement a new IF substitution so content can be loaded specifically for backend/frontend using substitutions. At this time I unfortunately do not have a solution for you.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5450

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

8 years 8 months ago #269027 by schrammelmann
I am very impressed! I have seen the ticket is already closed and the feature is announced to version 2.0.11. Thank you very much!

As a workaround I hide the tabs from viewing by admin with an example from your documentation:

[cb:if user="#me" username!="admin"]<title for third party tab>
[cb:usertab tab="25" user="#displayed" /][/cb:if]

[cb:if user="#me" username!="admin"]<title for activity tab>
[cb:usertab tab="33" user="#displayed" /][/cb:if]

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269050 by krileon
Yup, that'll work temporarily. Once the feature MR has been reviewed and merged it'll be available in a nightly release. The below syntax in your case is what you'd use once merged.

[cb:if application_context="frontend"]
<Title for third party tab>
[cb:usertab tab="25" user="#displayed" /]

<Title for activity tab>
[cb:usertab tab="33" user="#displayed" /]
[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schrammelmann

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn