List Management: tooltips

8 years 7 months ago #271006 by azjr
List Management: tooltips was created by azjr
Hi - couple questions related to List Management - please also see the attached file
1) Search fileds in Lists: if one is using tooltips to help customers during registration - this will 'stab' ;) back as UX gets little out of hand: the tooltip message that makes sense during registration and even on the account edit, maybe 'little' displaced in search - especially on my example. To remedy this I think the easiest would be to TURN OFF displaying tooltips ON LIST MANAGEMENT - is there built-in function to do so? If not, what do you recommend?

2) cbUserListResultCount => language pattern is: "[company name] has [number] registered users"
this appears on every list. The number is useful, but I would rather want to customize the content depending on what list we are looking at - I guess, the easiest would be to turn it off (I guess, I'll do that in template directly) or perhaps modify the language to customize it to the client standards. If you could just give me your thoughs - I think this is easy to alter, but ideally (maybe in the future releases) - this field could be editable in List Management...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #271093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic List Management: tooltips

1) Search fileds in Lists: if one is using tooltips to help customers during registration - this will 'stab' ;) back as UX gets little out of hand: the tooltip message that makes sense during registration and even on the account edit, maybe 'little' displaced in search - especially on my example. To remedy this I think the easiest would be to TURN OFF displaying tooltips ON LIST MANAGEMENT - is there built-in function to do so? If not, what do you recommend?

Best solution for this is a substitution IF statement that is based off the view. So for example you could enclose a userlist description in a substitution IF statement that only shows up on the userlist view. One for registration and one for profile edit, etc.. this would allow separate descriptions for the views as needed. The alternative is additional params, which I'm very much against as it just complicates the configuration further. We'd like to eventually have completely substitution driven layouts so expanding on our substitution usages would also benefit the future layouts implementation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5529

2) cbUserListResultCount => language pattern is: "[company name] has [number] registered users"
this appears on every list. The number is useful, but I would rather want to customize the content depending on what list we are looking at - I guess, the easiest would be to turn it off (I guess, I'll do that in template directly) or perhaps modify the language to customize it to the client standards. If you could just give me your thoughs - I think this is easy to alter, but ideally (maybe in the future releases) - this field could be editable in List Management...

We'll need to add userlist specific language keys to it for that, which is simple enough to do.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5530

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn