[#5535] Internal Server Error when creating CBblog

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271141 by haidinh
Hi supporters,

I create CBblog with Model: Joomla, Mode: Intro Only.

When a blog is short, there is no error, but when a blog is long, there is following notice, although the blog is still created, (please see attached screenshot too):

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@congioilam.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The same problem happen with images, for example, when I add 5 images to a blog, there is no problem, but when I add one more image, there is the same notice like above appearing.

But in both cases, the blogs are still added successfully.

Can you tell me what cause the error? is that relating to CB system? and how to solve that? I already contacted hosting company and they said there is no error with hosting, the problem happens because of the extension I used and configured.

If the problem exist, it will cause inconvenience for users. So with your experience, please help me to solve that.

Thank you and regards,

Hai
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal Server Error when creating VBbolg
Try creating an article with the exact text that's causing issues in Joomla directly. CB Blogs with Joomla model uses Joomla for its storage. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to further expose the error. Ensure you're using latest CB 2.x nightly release below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271201 by haidinh
Replied by haidinh on topic Internal Server Error when creating CBblog
Hi Krileon,

I already installed latest CB like you advise but the error still happens.

I created the same text in Joomla directly, both at back-end and front-end and there is no such error.

When turn on debug mode and maximum error reporting, I saw a duplicate in database but do not know if that is the reason.

As I do not know much about coding, can you please help me to check? I already sent you a message with a admin account.

When creating article from front-end directly in Joomla, please click on menu item: CREATE ARTICLE on the right of the main menu.

Thank you very much for your help so far.

Sincerely yours,

Hai

8 years 6 months ago #271236 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal Server Error when creating CBblog
Ok, it's not CB Blogs doing it, but CB Auto Actions and its System Action to log activity for a blog entry. It's trying to extract the first 300 characters to do a preview of the blog, but when the text is too long str_replace or substr can't handle it (unsure which at this time).

For now you'll need to disable the "CB Blogs - Create" action in CB Auto Actions > System Actions to stop it from erroring. As you're using a custom copy of the system action you'll need to unpublish it within CB Auto Actions > Auto Actions. You can also try changing the Description of the blog link
by making the below change to see if it'll help.

Description
[cb:parse function="trim"][cb:parse function="trim" direction="right" characters="."][cb:parse function="extract" length="300"][cb:parse function="clean" method="string"][var1_blog_intro][/cb:parse][/cb:parse][/cb:parse][/cb:parse]...
TO:
[var1_blog_intro]

I've created a bug ticket to improve that system action in a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5535

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haidinh

8 years 6 months ago #271252 by haidinh
Replied by haidinh on topic Internal Server Error when creating CBblog
Thank you a lot Krileon,

I just removed the description and it works well.

By the way, in the future, if you can create a cell for adding tags when creating CBblog, that would be more grateful.

At the moment, I have to log in back-end to add tags. However, if I edit the blog via CBblog again, the tags disappear when viewing.

Yours sincerely,

Hai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn