[#5541] CB Activity - Locations

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271443 by davidmarshall15
[#5541] CB Activity - Locations was created by davidmarshall15
Hello,

I would like to use CB Activity locations in a gaming fan site, the game is Elite Dangerous and so the locations can be any system within our galaxy and address can be the planet, possibly even a reference to a location on a planet (bearing in mind planets are on a 1:1 scale).

The problem I have is the auto linking of locations that opens google maps, is there anyway to disable this and instead simply have text, for example "I'm going to Sol" would not try to link Sol.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271476 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity - Locations
Not without modifying the location function of the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/library/Table/ActivityTable.php

Have added a feature ticket to implement support for customizing the URLs for each location individually.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5541

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidmarshall15

8 years 6 months ago #271482 by davidmarshall15
Replied by davidmarshall15 on topic CB Activity - Locations
In this case, having a custom URL might be useful in the future but right now I just want to disable the URL.

I will take a look at the code.
Thanks

8 years 6 months ago #271490 by krileon
The custom URL feature will allow you to have no URL at all. Likely by using "none" or javascript:void(0);.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidmarshall15

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272380 by davidmarshall15
Replied by davidmarshall15 on topic CB Activity - Locations

krileon wrote: Not without modifying the location function of the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/library/Table/ActivityTable.php

Have added a feature ticket to implement support for customizing the URLs for each location individually.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5541

With Location also being in CB GroupJive and likely that will get changed first, I came back and had another look at this, my initial attempts didn't work out.

Turns out the script that makes the difference is:

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/CB/Plugin/Activity/Table/ActivityTable.php

I had already edited the other script:

so it might be both need updating, I did a diff on them and the scripts are identical.

8 years 6 months ago #272386 by krileon
Yes, the first path is what you need to modify, sorry. GJ is already fixed for RC to have a language string for the URL to allow it to be customized further.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn