How to show List results in a module rather than a menu?. Can you help me?

8 years 6 months ago #273195 by octaviobh
Hi. I need to place the Lists Results in a module in order to use the module "as a module" with all of that implies. There is a way to do that?. Can you help me?.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #273294 by krileon
We don't have a module for displaying a CB Userlist. Only way to do this right now is a Joomla wrapper module which can load the userlist URL as an iframe in a module or a Custom HTML module with the iframe HTML already specified. You then need to add &tmpl=component to the URL to hide the rest of the template, but this all basically breaks on search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274187 by beat
Thanks for the suggestion. I added a feature-request for a future CB features release here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5621

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 3 months ago #277114 by gjschaller
Suggestion - make this a plugin? Something like {cbuserlist #} where the # is the ID of the list?

That way, it can be called wherever - in a module, in an article, etc.

(I was planning on using this to display a list of each Joomla Group, matched to a CB userlist, with text describing the role of each group, in an article. i.e. - Staff, Logistics, Recruitment, etc.)

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 3 months ago #277128 by krileon
We already have plans for view subscriptions at a later date in addition to a search criteria module that outputs a userlists criteria then posts to the actual userlist view.

If you don't use the search functionality or pagination of a userlist you can display it in an iframe (using Joomla wrapper module). So it can be used for a "latest" or "recent" type list usage. This is done by adding &tmpl=component to the userlist URL and using it as your wrapper url.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn