Search by the first numbers of postalcodes...

8 years 5 months ago #274039 by gizycki
Hi,

how can i filter/search the profiles correct by the first numbers of postalcodes (like: "50350")?
When i type in just the first number or the two first numbers and search then, i want just the entrys with that number(s) at the beginning - but not the ones with that number(s) in the rest of the entry.

I hope you understand what i mean...?

Greetings from berlin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search by the first numbers of postalcodes...
You can't without creating a new fieldtype that has custom search behavior built into it. The wildcard in the query is at the beginning and end of the string input for searching which allows it to be found in the middle of another string for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274184 by gizycki
Replied by gizycki on topic Search by the first numbers of postalcodes...
Is there really no other way?
Would this delete the existing databese-entrys?

Can you explain me, how i can create such a new field-type with this search behavior?
Or could/would you please create this in my project website?

Finally search querys of "70" should find: "70123" but not: "12370"

8 years 5 months ago #274185 by nant

gizycki wrote: Is there really no other way?
Would this delete the existing databese-entrys?

Can you explain me, how i can create such a new field-type with this search behavior?
Or could/would you please create this in my project website?

Finally search querys of "70" should find: "70123" but not: "12370"

Kyle is away on much deserved time off, so trying to help out.

I assume you are referring to searching in a user list?

Please explain your use case and need.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274194 by gizycki
Replied by gizycki on topic Search by the first numbers of postalcodes...
Yes right. Its about searching in a user list. Thanks for your kind offer for help.

I have a Userlist with Postalcodes like: "70123".
User should be able to search and find users by their postalcodes - not only the whole code but also by the first number(s). beginning from the left side.

So search querys of "70" should find: "70123" and "70983" and "70054"... but not: "12370" or "07052"

Here is the Link to the List. Postalcodes are "PLZ":
www.gewaltfrei-info.eu/gfk-trainerinnen

Access with: **** / ******

8 years 5 months ago #274197 by nant

gizycki wrote: Yes right. Its about searching in a user list. Thanks for your kind offer for help.

I have a Userlist with Postalcodes like: "70123".
User should be able to search and find users by their postalcodes - not only the whole code but also by the first number(s). beginning from the left side.

So search querys of "70" should find: "70123" and "70983" and "70054"... but not: "12370" or "07052"

Here is the Link to the List. Postalcodes are "PLZ":
www.gewaltfrei-info.eu/gfk-trainerinnen

Access with: **** / ******

I removed the credentials you posted - please be careful, these are public forums.

No setting is currently available to do this.

I have added a ticket for futire consideration here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5623

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn