[SOLVED] make module content show on specific tabs

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #276318 by Henke_Carlsson
I got this Substitution:

[cb:if user="#displayed" user_id="myid" tab="15"]This is displayed on tab with ID 15.[/cb:if]

I want this to just be showing on a tab with ID 15, Is this even possible?

The problem is that I want to assign a field on a tab that is not showing in the fields tab list.
The tab is connected with the plugin cb_connections.

In the tab is a list with the users friends. And If the user is the profile owner, I want a "manage you connections" button to be displayed

If this dont work I need to find another solution.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #276341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic make module content show on specific tabs
There's no condition for tab. You'd just place the field directly on the tab you want it to display on.

The problem is that I want to assign a field on a tab that is not showing in the fields tab list.
The tab is connected with the plugin cb_connections.

I don't understand what you mean by this, sorry. You'll need to be more specific as to what you're doing as there's maybe a better solution available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #276355 by Henke_Carlsson
Replied by Henke_Carlsson on topic make module content show on specific tabs
I know what you mean. You mean like this right: Community builder > Field management > new field > in the tab scroll down list on the page left side I choose the right tab?

The problem is that many of the tabs dont show up here. I really dont know why.

Under the community builder > tab management

They all shows. And the info about the specific tab is:

Title: Friends_1
Display: Tab menu
Plugin: CB Connections
Published: yes
Access level: public
etc, etc

2 other tabs that dont show up under field management:
Title: Blogs_1
Plugin: CB Blogs
etc, etc

Title: Gallery_1
Plugin: CB Gallery
etc, etc

You can say that ALL tabs that have CB Gallery, CB Connections, CB BLOGS, CB Forums as plugins dont show in the field management area.

The Tabs that have CB Core, Cb Profilebook, Cb menu as plugins shows up as they should.

hmm Shouldn't it be like this?

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #276357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic make module content show on specific tabs

The problem is that many of the tabs dont show up here. I really dont know why.

Because plugin tabs can't have fields. It doesn't make any sense to their design and would break their design.

hmm Shouldn't it be like this?

They're working as intended. Those plugin tabs do not allow fields to be placed on them.

Will discuss internally and see if this functionality is really even needed anymore. Plugin tabs technically could always allow fields to be placed on them, but needs discussion and testing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5711

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #276359 by Henke_Carlsson
Ok then I know.

So the only thing to do if I want a link/picture/button on just one of the tabs. I need to override the plugins html?

8 years 4 months ago #276362 by Henke_Carlsson
Ok now I have found a solution. I just need too make a html link with substitutions in the tab description field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn