Progress field question

8 years 3 months ago #276436 by timstohr
Progress field question was created by timstohr
Hi

1) I have loads of conditional fields. I also have a progress field. The problem is that if I mark the fields that are conditional (ie not displayed on profile) the progress field marks them as NOT FILLED OUT, and user has not got any idea how to fill these out. Any way around having to create hundreds of progress fields by simply saying "All fields present in tab xxx"

2) I would like to show a conditional "Custom HTML" field with "You need to fill out all the required fields for your account to be activated" as long as progress field is active. Once it shows 100%, then I would like it to disappear. How do I do that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276462 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Progress field question

1) I have loads of conditional fields. I also have a progress field. The problem is that if I mark the fields that are conditional (ie not displayed on profile) the progress field marks them as NOT FILLED OUT, and user has not got any idea how to fill these out. Any way around having to create hundreds of progress fields by simply saying "All fields present in tab xxx"

The CB Progress Field has no idea the CB Conditional plugin exists, but I think I can work around this by simply making sure the user can access the field and if they can't then completely ignore it for progress purposes. That should solve your issue and have added a feature ticket to look into it for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5713

2) I would like to show a conditional "Custom HTML" field with "You need to fill out all the required fields for your account to be activated" as long as progress field is active. Once it shows 100%, then I would like it to disappear. How do I do that?

Add a Custom > Value condition to your Custom HTML field with the below usage.

Value: [cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" /]
Translate Value: No
Operator: Equal To
Value: 100
Translate Value: No

That should allow you to condition the completeness value of a progress field (value range of 0 to 100).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn