Videos not playing in Activity feed - but work just fine in the videos tab

8 years 3 months ago #276487 by Anthweb
After some extensive digging in the code and trying to figure out how the the activity feed is generating the content I found the Auto Action plugin. Here is the issue that we are having:

A user uploads a video in the video tab. Lets say it is the webm video ( you can use these tests: techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5 ). On the video tab this works fine. But go to the activities tab and when we click play on that activity tab it doesn't function.

We updated all plugins to the latest:
CB Gallery 1.0.6
CB Auto Actions 6.3.4
CB Activity 3.0.1

In the frontend you can see that the videos work in the video tab: screencast.com/t/uptE09Ht
But on the activity tab it does not seem to be correct: screencast.com/t/MFRA49BCU4
And you can see that in the DB it stores as a photo instead of a image in the above video - but to prove it here is a snap of that video in the DB: screencast.com/t/Pb0uJ5Zm and so therefore when it prints out the video output it isn't correct and won't display anything.
And here you can see the settings of the action. Obviously this is a default that came with the system because the only way to save is the save as copy at the top right.

So the question remains - what are we missing and why is the video not playing. Also when a video is created is there a thumbnail that is created for it to display in the activity field?

Lastly we have an issue with the latest update of the CB Gallery. Please see the attached image: screencast.com/t/QXa5umGq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276510 by krileon
Install latest CB Auto Actions and CB Activity nightlies, delete the activity entry, then edit and save your video. That should relog the activity with the proper URL. The CB Gallery activity will be further improved in a later CB Gallery release where it'll manage its own activity like GJ does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276517 by Anthweb
Bingo - that worked :-) Videos are now working on the activity stream.

Should I pull down the nightly for CB Gallery to fix that last issue?

8 years 3 months ago #276519 by krileon
That's a separate unfixed issue. Wasn't aware of it until now, lol. Have created a bug ticket to fix for next nightly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5715

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn