[#5729] Massive problem with registration tab and subscription

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276722 by krileon
CBSubs can not hide a registration tab. Use a flat layout for CBSubs usage as it doesn't know how to hide tabs at this time (a CBSubs condition type is planned for CB Conditional in a later release). It can only hide the fields on that tab.

You can not condition fields with CBSubs AND CB Conditional at the same time. They will conflict. Pick one and don't use the other. They're 2 plugins fighting for control over a tab/fields visibility. If you condition an entire tab to hide with CB Conditional then condition fields on that tab with CBSubs you get a conflict.

Static conditions like usergroup, view access level, and custom value do not use jQuery. They are static and will require a page load to update their usage. With that said static conditioned fields on registration should flat out not be there. Did you condition a tab with a usergroup and it still showed on registration?

If issue persists please configure your conditions how you want them then PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review your configuration for the conflict. CB Conditional is not an easy plugin to use (it's as easy as it's going to get I'm afraid.. with power comes complexity).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276850 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and the conditions are actually working properly. You are using static conditions on tabs on the registration page, which don't logically make sense.

For example the "About" tab is conditioned to only show to select usergroups. This condition 100% of the time will fail on registration view, because the users have no access to it. The interesting part is why this condition passes fine during the POST process. Have created a bug ticket to investigate that issue further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5728

For now you need to set the fields on that tab to not show on registration then disable the registration condition for that tab. The reason for this is the tab has no purpose rendering on registration, because it can't be used on registration due to the condition you are using.

In short if you're static conditioning a tab and it will never show on registration then ensure its fields are set to not show on registration to begin with as it's a usecase that doesn't make any sense to CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276852 by timstohr
Yep fair enough on the "About" tab but it is not the about tab that is harking up everything. There are no required fields in there and I do not want it to show up.

The problem is the Company info tab and the hundreds of different conditional fields there... I have now removed the condition on the about tab.

8 years 3 months ago #276854 by timstohr
Yep still the same problem... It has nothing at all to do with the static condition on the About tab...

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276856 by krileon
You have a static condition on the field that the fields under the Company Information tab are conditioning off of. This means during PHP those fields can't find a value to check against and fail. Static conditions + registration do not mix. Do not show a field on registration if you static condition it, I'll be addressing that bug in a later release.

For example one of the fields throwing a validation error is "cb_childcare_age". It's checking the value of "cb_typeofbusiness". The condition on "cb_typeofbusiness" is a static condition against usergroup.

Next you have CBSubs plans setup to hide "cb_typeofbusiness" on selection. Specifically the "Normal users" plan does this. As I've already explained you can not do this. You need to pick 1 condition source and use only it. If you mix CB Conditional and CBSubs you will have problems.

Most likely your heavy use of static conditions is the source of your issues. They are not designed for registration use.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 3 months ago #276859 by timstohr
Nope that either :D

I had no static conditions on the Type of Profile during Registration (see image below)... Anyway I turned off the static conditions and still get same error... Btw been through all these testings already (hence why I nearly exploded out of frustration...). There is also no CDN interfering with the programs so cant be that either...

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn