[#3654] Substitutions in emails

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276784 by ricco1
[#3654] Substitutions in emails was created by ricco1
Hi,

So many complicated mailers and non of them seems to do what I need!

1. CBSubs mailer;
2. Workflow emails in the presentation tab of the plans;
3. Email tab in the Integration tab of the plans;
4. Email Type Auto Action....

There are probably more which I can't recall now.

Please tell me how to include for example the [TRANSACTION_ID] substitution in an email?

Regards,
ricco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substitutions in emails

Please tell me how to include for example the [TRANSACTION_ID] substitution in an email?

No, what substitutions are listed are the ones that are available. We've a pending feature ticket to add additional substitutions though. I've added topic to the ticket as well so please feel free to request any additional substitutions you may need that are not already available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276823 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Substitutions in emails
We need every substitution that is available in the first invoice please.

Namely:

[INVOICE_ID], [INVOICE_NO], [ITEMS_NAME], [ITEMS_NUMBERS], [PAYMENT_STATUS], [PAYMENT_METHOD], [DATE_ORDERED], [DATE_TIME_ORDERED], [DATE_PAID], [TRANSACTION_ID], [TRANSACTION_TYPE], [CURRENCY], [TOTAL_PRICE], [TAX_AMOUNT], [ADDRESS_FIRST_NAME], [ADDRESS_LAST_NAME], [ADDRESS_COMPANY], [ADDRESS_STREET], [ADDRESS_CITY], [ADDRESS_STATE], [ADDRESS_ZIPCODE], [ADDRESS_COUNTRY], [ADDRESS_PHONE], [PAYER_EMAIL], [ADDRESS_VAT_NUMBER], [INVOICE_CONTENT_HTML] (full invoice) and [INVOICE_ITEMS_HTML] (just table and totalizers) and [BASKET_CONTENT_HTML] (content of basket with totalizers) are outputed in HTML table format, and only available in HTML mode).

I'm not pushing you, but could you tell us roughly when could we expect it to be ready please?

Thank you Kyle,
Best regards,
ricco

8 years 3 months ago #276841 by krileon
I've noted in the feature ticket your request.

I'm not pushing you, but could you tell us roughly when could we expect it to be ready please?

Unlikely anytime soon. You'll need to find a suitable workaround for the time being if you need those values now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276849 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Substitutions in emails
Is there a chance to sponsor the coding, so you could do it sooner please?

Would you suggest a workaround?

Thank you

8 years 3 months ago #276855 by krileon

Is there a chance to sponsor the coding, so you could do it sooner please?

It's not a matter of money. It's a matter of time. We're preparing a new JP site, upgrading package builder to provide a new download platform, and other higher priority tickets in CBSubs are being dealt with (bugs before features). Once some of the more critical bugs in CBSubs are dealt with by Beat he can focus more on features, but for now it's important we deal with the bugs first.

Would you suggest a workaround?

You could use a CB Query Field to query for whatever information you're needing then substitute in the query field. That's about the only workaround I can think of at this time. The invoice address fields maybe able to substitute in using the following field names since they are stored in CBs _comprofiler table.

cb_subs_inv_first_name
cb_subs_inv_last_name
cb_subs_inv_payer_business_name
cb_subs_inv_address_street
cb_subs_inv_address_city
cb_subs_inv_address_state
cb_subs_inv_address_zip
cb_subs_inv_address_country
cb_subs_inv_contact_phone
cb_subs_inv_vat_number

Example as follows.

[cb_subs_inv_first_name]

The invoice number, etc.. are stored with the basket and payment items information and would need to be queried for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn