[#5748] Category search entry doesn't clear in Groupjive

8 years 2 months ago #277034 by LineMine
Okay, thanks, glad to know its working as it should.

However, I have to say that I find this just a little worrying. If its the case that the search input will persist if a user clicks on a link, despite clearing the search box, then its quite likely that they will view additional categories listed in a menu, for example, and believe that there are no entries. Its very easy to miss the fact that the search entry has reloaded.

In fact, if the only way to clear this search box is to either press Enter, click outside a link, or reload search empty, I can see a bit of a problem, as none of these are obvious responses to browsing a site. How often, for example, do you click something on a page which isn't a link?

This is a pretty small issue, and I want to repeat that I think you've done a great job on Groupjive, and I'm very pleased overall. Thanks also for your quick responses to this.

I may prefer to disable search on groups for now. I'm guessing this is possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277063 by krileon
You can disable searching within GJ > Configuration > Parameters for categories and groups. Integrations searching is disabled within the integration. Please note there are no plans to change this behavior.

Search persisting between categories and between groups is not correct though and will be fixing that by making the inputs more unique to their category/group. So that behavior would be a bug and have created a bug ticket to fix for a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5748

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn