[#5823] Potential GJ 3.x bug - Removing Moderators

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #278387 by gjschaller
I ran into an oddity recently with my live site I am mentioning here, to see if we can replicate it.

The site is currently Joomla 3.4, Kunena 4.0, and CB2 / GJ3, all upgraded from prior versions (since Joomla 1.5... LONG time!).

One of our GJ groups was doing housekeeping, and demoting old members that haven't been around any more. In this case, the admin demoted and removed an old Moderator who hadn't been in the community in almost a year. When she did, she noted that the old Moderator was still listed as a Moderator on the Kunena forum / board, even though they were no longer a part of the group.

I have a backup of the site I can restore for testing if needed, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this before going through that step.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #278418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Potential GJ 3.x bug - Removing Moderators
Wasn't able to confirm. Toggled a user to moderator then demoted to active and it removed their moderator privileges from the forum category. If the group existed during GJ 2.x it could be how moderators were created in the older release that causes the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #278445 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Potential GJ 3.x bug - Removing Moderators
Hm... it may have been how the (former) Moderator was removed... let me dig a bit and see if I can recreate it. The Admin may not have communicated how the Mod was removed accurately.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 1 month ago #278446 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Potential GJ 3.x bug - Removing Moderators
I am guessing that the Admin deleted the user w/o demoting them, which leaves their Kunena status as a Moderator intact. Demoting them works, but deleting them w/o demoting them first leaves their Kunena status intact.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 1 month ago #278540 by krileon
Ah, yup. Appears there's missing behavior to reverse the moderator status on delete. Have added a bug ticket to fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5823

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #278541 by krileon
Ok, this is fixed for next nightly release. Deleting a user will trigger the removal of moderator privileges.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn