[SOLVED] encryption for cb-login and profile issue

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279321 by abdesigner
Hi,

I have a problem with ssl to cb functions. I've set the site to work through https but since if I set cb-login to be encrypted I'm getting the following error: "You're not authorized to see this page." Also however I can get through to profile page, cb-subs page but cannot see the content of them through https. It all works fine through http. I'm using the latest CB and Joomla with SSL certificate.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279343 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic encryption for cb-login and profile issue
Ensure live_site within configuration.php is empty. Next within CB Login module set "Encrypt Login Form" to "Yes" under "Login and Logout Options". You may not need to do this if you globally have SSL enabled within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdesigner

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279348 by abdesigner
Replied by abdesigner on topic encryption for cb-login and profile issue
Thank you for your reply!
These were the two things I've checked and set to your recommended value and I'm getting the error message after all this.
I haven't globally forced the entire site go through ssl but certain pages only. CB login would be one of this point to force https request for secure login.
Also if I set joomla site to force ssl at global config I lock out myself (I know it's got nothing to do with CB) and also the seo friendly url's don't work with ssl for some reason that might affect cb.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks anyway!

8 years 1 month ago #279380 by krileon
Are you using 3rd party SEF or Joomla SEF? If using 3rd party SEF completely disable it in favor of Joomla SEF then see if issue persists. 3rd party SEF may not respect the URL being changed to HTTPS. When CB is set to use HTTPS it will reject HTTP posts entirely for security.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279381 by abdesigner
Replied by abdesigner on topic encryption for cb-login and profile issue
Thank you for your reply!
I'm using Joomla built in SEF but if turn it on then site falls apart. If for example I switch to joomla login module I'm getting the same "You are not authorized to see this page" message.

You can check it out here: yogatherapy.org/
The login module is placed in the sidebar position.

Is there anything to set in CB to make CB login module working with https (encrypted) or just need to set in the module itself?

I guess it might something to do with joomla core or domain misconfig. However the site works fine with non SEF url's apart from CB components and modules.

8 years 1 month ago #279393 by krileon

Is there anything to set in CB to make CB login module working with https (encrypted) or just need to set in the module itself?

Only needs to be set in the CB Login module. The CB Login page uses the first CB Login module it can find though. Do you have multiple CB Login modules present? If so try setting all of them to use secured login and see if that helps. Also be sure to empty module trash. I see an issue with the query that's supposed to grab the first accessible login module not checking publish state, access, and language like it should so it could be grabbing a trashed CB Login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn