[SOLVED] encryption for cb-login and profile issue

8 years 2 months ago #279413 by abdesigner
Replied by abdesigner on topic encryption for cb-login and profile issue
Thank you for your support!

No, I don't have any login module apart from the cb one and module trash is empty either.
I'm still suspecting that it has got to do with SEF as the site doesn't work with SEF url's and maybe so cb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #279446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic encryption for cb-login and profile issue
So it works fine after turning off SEF? If using SEF ensure the Joomla system SEF plugin is public and published in Extensions > Plugins. If using rewriting ensure mod_rewrite is available and htaccess is properly configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdesigner

8 years 2 months ago #279455 by abdesigner
No, the site doesn't work with SEF on. It only works with SEF off.

8 years 2 months ago #279500 by krileon
Sounds like an issue specifically with SEF then. First step is to ensure live_site in configuration.php is empty. Next navigate to Extensions > Plugins and ensure "System - SEF" is public and published. Once done navigate to Site > Global Configuration and configure SEF as follows.

Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
Use URL Rewriting: Yes
Adds Suffix to URL: No
Unicode Aliases: No
Include Site Name in Page Titles: No

Using FTP navigate to Joomla root and rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess. SEF should be fully working now. If not you may want to contact your host and ensure mod_rewrite is working properly.

If issues still persists with SEF then try disabling and purging all forms of caching if enabled. Aside from that I'm unsure what more to advise as it could be a 3rd party extension causing problems with SEF.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdesigner

8 years 1 month ago #279534 by abdesigner
Thank you for your help!
Yes, everything is set as you've stated here in the first place so must be a malicious file or wrong server config can cause the trouble.

I've checked the site and found this suspicious entry:
/var/sites/y/yogatherapy.org/public_html/administrator/components/com_sef/classes/seftools.php

Pattern 21 - At least two characters in hexadecimal or octal notation.

Found 1 occurence(s).

Details: Found at least two characters in hexadecimal or octal notation. It doesn't mean it is malicious, but it could be code hiding behind such notation.)

I'll do further investigation.

Thank you anyway!

8 years 1 month ago #279580 by krileon
Joomla doesn't have a component for SEF. So com_sef shouldn't even exist. Sounds like you've a 3rd party SEF extension installed and are not using Joomlas built in SEF. Could also be leftover files from older Joomla releases. Did you migrate from Joomla 1.x?

Joomla SEF consists of entirely internal library functionality and a system plugin then it uses router.php files in components to handle the rewriting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn