add columns to the user table in the back end user management

8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #281210 by carin
... I had a typo in the path, how embarrassing. Thanks, works now.

However, the field I try to display is of type "Query Drop Down (Single Select)". Right now it displays the value that is stored in the db which is not very useful. Is there a way to execute the qurey so the actual data that is represented by that id gets displayed?

Is it possible to make the new column sortable like the username column?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 15 hours ago #281219 by krileon
Nope, it does not run fields through getFields. It only outputs the raw value stored in the database. If you need it to display the label then you need to do a more customized field usage which includes querying for the labels. There's a couple examples of this throughout the XML files. Please note our XML parsing is still in its infancy and lacks some functionality.

Is it possible to make the new column sortable like the username column?

Yes, add allowordering="ascending,descending" to its field node. I recommend reviewing the core views below to get a better idea of what functionality is available.

administrator/components/com_comprofiler/xmlcb/views/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn