[SOLVED] edit customization

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 1 week ago #280795 by wolverton
[SOLVED] edit customization was created by wolverton
I have a request to customize edit so that moderators will see tabs differently from what a registered user will see. Barring custom code using CB API, should I just use Fabrik forms. or do you have any other suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280833 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic edit customization
Answering my own question. Will be using CB Profile Pro.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic edit customization
Customize them in what way? Tab titles support substitutions and language strings. Fields are the same and have their layout parameters. If you need a completely customized form then yes you'll need to use CB Profile Pro for example as our page builder/layout editor has yet to be developed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 weeks ago #280868 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic edit customization
Yes, they wanted a complete customization, Profile Pro is working nicely
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 11 months ago #281556 by yorweb
Replied by yorweb on topic edit customization
Can I ask how you found Profile Pro as a tool?

I got it around a week ago but it has to be the worst documented Joomla extension I have ever actually paid money for. There's no forum, the small amount of documentation is years out of date and the videos are so old they could be in black and white.

I find myself having to email the most basic of questions to the developer who in fairness does reply but takes 24 hours and then if I need something clarifying, that takes another day.

I only want to change the profile page and not the registration page which is a pain in the you know where because the modified comprofiler,html.php file (that comes with Profiler Pro) changes both pages.

In fairness it does actually look a good tool.

7 years 6 months ago #287564 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic edit customization
Profile Pro requires that you replace a core Community Builder file. This file is over written every time you update Community Builder, requiring that you be sure to replace the core file with the one from Profile Pro. This also requires that Joomduck (makers of the extension) keep up with their updates to match those of Community Builder. This is not a viable option to any live site that provides reliable services to its members.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.987 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn