[#5966] CB Anti-Spam is not accessible to the VI.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281574 by Emily Button
Hello,

With regards to the CB Anti-Spam plug-in, it is not fully accessible to the visually impaired (blind). I am blind so therefore I know!

As a capture system it is one of the better ones for audio quality output, but there is one major flaw. When using a screen reader (I use SuperNova 15.03), the 'button' to 'Refresh' and 'Listen' are not formed link buttons and therefore a screen reader does not know that they are there.
This leaves the blind user stuck with no idea that the 'Listen' button is availabel, making the registration form inaccessible.
Could the 'Refresh' and 'Listen' buttons be made into physical buttons please and therefore make CB Anti-Spam plug-in the MOST accessible capture available?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Emily.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281601 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Anti-Spam is not accessible to the VI.
Will change them to links so they can properly be parsed. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. If there are any more accessibility issues please be sure to let us know.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5966

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 11 months ago #281606 by Emily Button
Replied by Emily Button on topic CB Anti-Spam is not accessible to the VI.
Hello Kyle,

Thank you for the super quick response, no appologies required.
As stated, the CB Anti-Spam system is one of the best on the internet.
As soon as the update comes through I shall test it out.

Cheers,
Emily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 11 months ago #281633 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emily Button

7 years 11 months ago #281857 by Emily Button
Replied by Emily Button on topic CB Anti-Spam is not accessible to the VI.
Kyle & Nick,

Sorry for the delay in reporting on the updated version of CB Anti-Spam, I have loaded it onto my new site and it's GREAT!

Well done boys, it's much appreciated and the new little "buttons" work a treat. Go to top of the class.

Best wishes,
Emily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn