Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #283827 by cAy
Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive was created by cAy
Hi

I try to optimize the speed of my site. Do you have a documentation for CB and GroupJive?

1) Joomla Cache (Off, On - Conservative, On - Progressive, Platform Specific Caching)?

2) System - Page Cache (Usw Browser Caching)?

3) JHC Optimize - Minimum?

4) CDN?

5) htaccess-file?

Would be great for much people here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #283828 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive
Hi, I'm optimizing too so can tell you where I am with it.

1) Apparently Conservative is best (optimizing Joomla book source)

3) JCH I am finding is trial and error - I have pro and turning off 'optimize css delivery' gives me best results. You can set to miminum etc then individually turn each element on/off if you click on the text "automatic settings group". 'Defer javascript' didn't work for me, but 'combine files in one' has proved successful. So basically intermediate with a tweak or two - for me. I test speeds etc with PageSpeed, GTMetrix and Pingdom.

4) I implemented a CDN yesterday, had issues, read on this forum that CDN doesn't work with CB Activity and something else, so I scraped it.

5) At least JCH optimize adds the expires. I think the rest of mine is Joomla standard but I probably picked something else up along the way.

Hope that helps somewhat. Looking forward to others opinion and hopefully learning something new.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #283833 by cAy
Replied by cAy on topic Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive
My settings: www.fussballgruppe.de (you can try)

1) Cache: On - Progressive caching (Whats the difference with Conservativ?)

2) Plugin System Cache and Browser Caching: Off!!! (On and i have a big problem)

3) JCH Free Edition and only Minimum

4) CDN from 1and1 Hosting (Cloudflare) Free for me
- Caching-Level: Advanced
- Cach-Time: 1Month
- AutoMinify: Javascript, CSS, HTML
- Rocket Loader (load asynchronous Java Script): OFF (Cant with my Template)
- Mirage (optimized loading of images): ON
- Railgun (fast load dynamic content, average 200% performance increase): ON

5) htaccess-File
- Vary Accept Encoding
- Etag Optimization
- Deflate/Expires

Joomla 3.6
PHP7
CB
GroupJive
Kunena

Need no Activity Stream on my Website.

Speedtest with GTMetrix (CanadaServer) and Pingdom (Sweden Server). My Website is in Germany.
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #283851 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive
Joomla caching doesn't do anything for CB. CB data is constantly changing due to influx of users, who is viewing who, etc.. it's just not a caching friendly environment. CB will purge page cache for CB views as well to prevent out of date data from displaying. It's just not needed. If your site has heavy use of Joomla articles then caching maybe worth using. Nearly all of our plugins have some form of built in caching to avoid duplicate API calls, etc.. and we'll be improving this further eventually with our own caching API so you essentially don't have to do much of anything to CB it self for top performance.

Header improving extensions work fantastically now as we've made some fixes in CB it self to better allow for these compression extensions to work properly. We're using JCH Optimize Pro with great success here on Joomlapolis. It cut header requests down and improved page loads significantly.

You won't see much gain from CDNs as it still needs to make an HTTP request and what's worse is it depends on the speed of the CDN. CDN goes down then so does your sites JS or styling. I don't recommend using CDNs. They're useful for offloading server requests, but I highly doubt anyones site will become large enough to need to do that.

With all that said nothing will save a site that has everything installed. I've reviewed installs with 40+ extensions and refuse to debug them. Install exactly what you need and nothing more. Use extensions or plugins that can provide more than 1 functionality when needed. Do not try extensions on your site; use a cloned staging area for that.

I've little to no hosting experience so can't help you there other than maybe try GZIP compression.

Your performance is already excellent though so with JCH you'll probably half that and be under 1sec load times easily.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #283859 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive

Header improving extensions work fantastically now as we've made some fixes in CB it self to better allow for these compression extensions to work properly. We're using JCH Optimize Pro with great success here on Joomlapolis. It cut header requests down and improved page loads significantly.

Hi Kyle, any chance you would share your JCH Optimize Pro settings?could be highly useful as a reference.

For OP, check out this guys .pdfbook (online pdf) gives all answers about caching, he recommends conservative.

Kind regards

Edit.
For ease of reply if you can share.

Combine CSS and javascript files
Enables:
Automatic setting:
HTMLminification setting:

If custom from above.
Defer javascript:
Managed combined files:
Include all extensions:
In page css:
In page javascript:
Load javascript asynchronously:

Did you exclude anything to help it work with CB.

Optimise css delievery
Enable:
Number ofelements:
Loadcombined css file:

Be great to know your proven and working settings.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

7 years 8 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #283861 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Optimize Speed CB and GroupJive
We're using the below settings with JCH Optimize Pro.

Combine CSS and javascript files
Enable: Yes
Automatic Settings: Optimum
HTML minification level: Basic
Combined files delivery: PHP with query
Use try-catch: Yes

Automatic Basic Settings
Combine CSS Files: Yes
Combine JavaScript Files: Yes
GZip JavaScript and CSS: Yes
Minify CSS: No
Minify javascript: No
Minify HTML: No

Automatic Exclude Settings
Include all extensions: Yes

Automatic Pro Settings
Replace @imports in CSS: No
Include PHP and external resource files: No
Include in-page CSS : Yes
Include in-page javascripts: No
Position javascript file at bottom of page: No
Load javascript asynchronously: No

Sprite Generator
Enable: No

Add Image Attributes

CDN/Cookieless Domain

Lazy Load Images
Enable: Yes
Force load images: Yes

Optimize CSS Delivery

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paxx, jpdenny1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn