[#6115] GroupJive/ Invite

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284000 by victoriakim
[#6115] GroupJive/ Invite was created by victoriakim
Hello,
In my site, one user told me that when he goes to 'New Invite' page in a group, there is a list showing other members' names to click. In my computer, I see text field window to type-in names or email address to invite people to groups. I got the url from him but can't open it in my computer to see what he sees, it's http://mysite/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=456&action=invites&func=save&id=0&lang=en&plugin=cbgroupjive&view=pluginclass. ID 465 is a menu item ID for 'all groups'.
I don't display any members' list in my site and quite surprised to hear there is a list displaying that I am not aware of.... Can you help?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive/ Invite
Within GJ > Configuration > Groups > Invites you probably have "Connections" set to "Enabled". This causes a dropdown to display for quick selecting a users connection to invite them to the group. You won't see this if you've no connections.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284033 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GroupJive/ Invite
Thanks, I checked the "connections", it is set to "disabled".
I joined a group (different one) as a member, and checked the group's New Invite page's URL, it is slightly different, http://mysite/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=584&action=invites&func=new&group=39&lang=en&plugin=cbgroupjive&view=pluginclass.

*Update*
so if I click the "Creaete Invite" button on "New Invite" page with leaving the text field empty, it brings me to a page with 15 most recent members displayed like group user's page.

7 years 8 months ago #284049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive/ Invite
Ok, that's the partial match invite page. If the To matches multiple users you're displayed a page with all users that match the value. This is to let you select the appropriate user to invite. Leaving it empty shouldn't present that page, but otherwise it's working as intended. Will fix empty To displaying that for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6115

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn