[#6214] GroupJive notifications

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #285939 by libby
Replied by libby on topic GroupJive notifications
Hi Kyle

I am obviously doing something wrong.

I have Group Jive > Global Access Level set to Public

CB > Configuration > Moderation > Moderators

Moderators have their own user group which has registered as the parent.

But if I don't have public as one of the User Groups Having Viewing Access for the moderators groups, then the groups themselves are not visible to even registered users.

Surely the configuration of Moderators View Access Level shouldn't affect who can view the groups as ordinary registered users?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #285940 by libby
I have done this and I am still not getting moderator emails to say a new group has been created. Other mails - such as registration and user joining a group - are being received.

7 years 6 months ago #285968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive notifications
The only parameter controlling new group approval notification is "Notify" within GJ > Parameters > Groups > General and only after "Approval" has been set to "Enable". Ensure both are configured properly. Neither of the groups in your screenshot need approval though so you wouldn't receive such a notification since they're already published. Moderators are also exempt from approval so you need to test a regular user creating a group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #285990 by libby
Hi Kyle

I published the groups manually but they did require approval. I have the settings are you have suggested and the moderator email is not functioning.

Libby

7 years 6 months ago #286004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive notifications
Aha, was able to confirm. Have fixed for next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6214

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn