CB Gallery v2

and I use the same settings

CB Gallery v1

Here i see the whole picture
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #285519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery v2 thumbnail proportions
It was redesigned for CB Gallery 2.x. It's displaying as designed. If the image is larger than the container it will display the thumbnail as a background and size it with cover usage. It's the same usage found on other social sites. There are no plans to change it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #285552 by smFruen
Replied by smFruen on topic CB gallery v2 thumbnail proportions
It is a shame, because the new has many good things. Could you build it in as an option in the new ?

It is a shame that a new gallery destroying, the photographic wiewing of a picture.
The meaning of a gallery is to display images in the best possible way

otherwise I run with the old version cb gallery v1.0.6 + build.2016.05.03.13.15.26.8a5702a86

7 years 8 months ago #285585 by krileon
No, it won't be going back to the previous usage. This is exactly how it's done on other social sites. The gray bars next to nearly every photo (unless large and perfectly square) were causing for an ugly gallery.

I don't agree that it's ruining anything. Comparing the two screenshots you provided of before and after you're losing only a small portion of the image, but gaining a lot more clarity and consistency. If you want larger thumbnails then you need to increase the box size, which can be done under the Media parameters of the gallery.

You're welcome to make a new override template and override the CSS or the template files as needed for it to display however you like though. For media you only need to alter a single template file if you want to adjust the its HTML otherwise a single CSS file can be used. To do this make a copy of the below folder.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default

Rename your copy to something like "mytemplate". Now delete everything in it you don't want to modify. In this case you only need item_container.php. If you want to override the CSS then create and override.css file and add your custom CSS there. Now within CB Gallery > Configuration > Parameters > Global select your new template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #285593 by smFruen
Replied by smFruen on topic CB gallery v2 thumbnail proportions
i have try to

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default

make one with only item_container.php

and one with only
template.css and item_container.php

ind
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/min

it not work, and i have set > Configuration > Parameters > Global select min.

not working

can you please make it

File Attachment:

File Name: new.zip
File Size:29 KB
Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #285617 by krileon
Make a new template folder at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/

For example a folder called "mytemplate". Next copy /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default/item_container.php to /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/mytemplate/. Next within CB Gallery > Configuration > Global select "mytemplate" for Template. Now you can edit item_container.php within your template folder as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn