[#6190] Authorization error with the cb gallery

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285592 by Joerg12
Hello

I have make a menue link with the plugin "cb gallery" (--> Registered)
The plugin has the same authorization --> Registered

If i am online as Administrator then i can see all uploaded images with a page navigation. Good!

When a user clicks on the same menue link then he sees only the message "Error Not authorized ".

Now I have already searched all possible settings and it was everywhere granting "Registered".

Where is this authorization error message from?

Thanks!

Greetings
Joerg.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285597 by Joerg12
Replied by Joerg12 on topic Authorization error with the cb gallery
Hello,

i found it.

I use the cb gallery module to display the latest 3 photos into the right column.
I deactivated the function that user can create new photos or albums, the search function etc.
The module should only display the latest 3 photos and nothing else.

If i open my profile and try to upload a new photo, then i receive the error message "Error Not authorized ".

This error message is from the module who is showing at the same time.
If i deactivated the module, then i can reupload new photos again.

So there is a conflict between the settings into the module and the settings into the profile tab, because both of them are displayed by the same time.

How can i resolve this?

Greetings
Joerg.

7 years 7 months ago #285611 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Authorization error with the cb gallery
Make sure you are using latedt CB Gallery and CB Gallery Module builds.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285612 by Joerg12
Replied by Joerg12 on topic Authorization error with the cb gallery
Hello,

yes i approved it.

I am using the latest version of cb gallery plugin and cb gallery module.

Plugin: 2.0.0+build.2016.09.07.01.51.01.cdab7492e
Module: 2.0.0

The authorization error is still there if i use both of it.

Greetings
Joerg

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Authorization error with the cb gallery
What asset do you have set for the module? A gallery is generated once on display and its parameters cached. If the module and the profile gallery share the same asset it maybe resulting in a conflict of their parameters. Note an asset of profile.[user_id] or empty in the module defaults to the viewing users profile gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285625 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Authorization error with the cb gallery
Ok, was able to confirm and am looking into a fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6190

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn