Update to CB 2.0.15 and CBS subs 4.1.9 fail

7 years 7 months ago #285753 by Thelowlandpiper
Update to CB 2.0.15 and CBS subs 4.1.9 fail was created by Thelowlandpiper
I'm trying to update these two components/plug-ins using the latest build download packages; pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.15+build.2016.09.12.15.23.29.8b63c4ee6.zip , and
ps_cbpaidsubscriptions_4.1.0+build.2016.09.02.14.13.49.ae734b9bc.zip

PHP Version 5.4.42
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.17

in CB all extensions fail and finally a 'failed to uninstall Please uninstall manually' message displays;
I had first needed to update CBSubs because I was experiencing a failure when a user tried to renew their subscription; message 'Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsubsfieldstabsprotect/cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php on line 128"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285759 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update to CB 2.0.15 and CBS subs 4.1.9 fail
What are you updating from? Did you expand the log in the installer? Any errors in the installer log?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285770 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Update to CB 2.0.15 and CBS subs 4.1.9 fail
thanks for the quick response; I'm updating from CB 1.9.1 CBSubs 3.0.0

the log on the install page just showed, for each file, an installing message followed by and installation failed message; no other details

7 years 7 months ago #285793 by krileon
CB 1.x to CB 2.x is not an upgrade. It is a migration. You need to do a full backup, then clone your site, then install only CB 2.x on your clone to ensure the migration can be successful and so you can know what to expect. See the below video in regards to what to expect.

Once CB it self has been migrated you can begin upgrading your CB plugins. I highly recommend disabling any extension that integrates with CB and also unpublishing any non-core CB plugin for the migration.

Note the package installer may fail for a CB 1.x to CB 2.x migration (we are no longer doing 1.x to 2.x migration testing.. it has been well over a year now folks). So you may need to unpackage the zip you download and install CB directly from within the extensions/packages/ folder of that zip.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285814 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Update to CB 2.0.15 and CBS subs 4.1.9 fail
I have taken your final advice and successfully installed the 7 individual packages from the folder pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.15+build.2016.09.12.15.23.29.8b63c4ee6/
extensions/packages/001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.15+build.2016.09.12.15.23.29.8b63c4ee6/packages/
I ran all the tests in the Tools menu and fixed what database errors were revealed;
and was then able to install the complete package for CBSubs; the problem is, thankfully resolved and my user can now renew his subscription; many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 7 months ago #285816 by krileon
Please be sure to carefully review all your configuration as a again it's a migration so some settings maybe lost or changed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn