[#6231] User Search function issue

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286469 by jimpadou
[#6231] User Search function issue was created by jimpadou
Hello Team,

I have a user list where displays all of my trainers.
"an exaple of their specialities for the multi select check box field " -->
Value | Label
0 --> Personal Trainer
1 --> Yoga
.. ---> ....
10 -->MMA

User 'A' is Personal Trainer (0) and Yoga(1)
User 'B' is MMA (10)

I noticed that (at Front End) When Searching for Personal Trainers (0) it also Displays the user 'B' where it should not.

Then I edited user 'B' to be without MMA(10) and the Search is working fine like this.

It seems to me that is working with 'Like' insead of 'In'

You can try it here (I added MMA again) --> www.personaltrain.gr/index.php/personal/grigori-anazitisi
*If you check to search only for personal trainers you will see 3 of them but only 2 should be there. The woman is not.

How can I overcome this?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Search function issue
It'll use LIKE for a multi-select fieldtypes search usage since they're stored value_1|*|value_2|*|value_3. So if 1 value contains the the value of another you'll get results like this. I really don't recommend using integer values for options but instead something more specific. At any rate have added a feature ticket to see if I can improve this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6231

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286578 by jimpadou
Replied by jimpadou on topic User Search function issue
Hello,

It is as I thought.
So what do you suggest to set the value to.
Letters is fine?
I mean If I give something more specific I will avoid this?

Thank you

7 years 7 months ago #286581 by krileon
Use unique values that won't be within another value. Example as follows.

trainer = Personal Trainer
yoga = Yoga
mma = MMA

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286587 by jimpadou
Replied by jimpadou on topic User Search function issue
Ok I see,

So
yoga --> Yoga (its okay)
yo --> Yoga1 (it wont work well)
ayo --> Air Yoga (its okay)

That is the concept ?
I can work with that if so.

Thank you.

7 years 7 months ago #286602 by krileon
Correct, as long as one value doesn't contain the value of another you should have no problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimpadou

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn