[SOLVED] 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #287255 by Onkel Tom
Hi, yesterday I updated Joomla from 3.6.2 to 3.6.3. Now I get this error, when I try to select a userlist:

0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

The Upating of Joomla was the only change I have made in the system.
The error occurs only on a certain list, other list are shown normally. I have also RSTickets Pro in use, that throws this error, too.
I checked the database with the CB Tools, but everything is green and seems to be OK.

Does someone know what to do ?

Regards
Tom

EDIT: I have googled this problem. On github is a conversation concerning this issue: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/12460
They discussed everal ways to solve it, but none leads to a real solution. It seems to be a problem with some old and corrupted fluff in the database. Depending on what Plugins or components you have installed the core code of Joomla generates invalid JSON syntax. In My case community Builder seems to be involved. Unfortunately I am getting out of my depths with this issue ....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287275 by chanteur94
Hi

I'v got error message '0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error' with CB LIST after upgading joomla 3.6.3 and now 3.6.4

Thank you

7 years 5 months ago #287276 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
We don't use Joomlas object classes so we never call stringToObject, which appears to be the problem. Most likely it's in Joomlas user object or some sort of loading behavior for a system plugin or modules parameters. In short it's a problem in Joomlas own database tables. Probably the easiest way to fix it is manually review the _modules and _extensions database tables then ensure the params columns have valid json.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287381 by julie.prod.web
Replied by julie.prod.web on topic 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
Hi,

Since I made the joomla update 3.6.4 I have a problem on user cb accounts. Some users tell me they can not access to their accounts.
When I log on to the backoffice to check and go on their cb profiles, I have no access to their profile and I have this message: 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

7 years 5 months ago #287389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
Please see my reply above. I've merged your same topic with this one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287390 by Onkel Tom
Replied by Onkel Tom on topic 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error
Hi, i could figure it out in the meantime:

the problem are very many "crazy" entries in the params column of #__user table in MySQL Server. In my case many entries looked like {.../.../.../...""..".."/////// ....} and so on. There was so much fluff in those fields, that akeeba Backup gave me a warning, there would be to many bytes in this table.
I reviewed all entries manually and set them to {} . Just the two brackets, nothing else.

Now my Joomla is working again :-)

Maybe this helps some other people who have the same problem.

Best regards
Tom

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn