[#6290] AutoActions: how to subscribe a public visitor to an acymailing list

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #287541 by yogiman
Hi :-)

I'm trying to create an autoaction that allows me to subscribe a public visitor to an acymailing list after he/she sends an email to a member from heis profile (via the email form)

i created an autoaction, set the action so that is : acymailing, subscribe to list x
i am confused on which trigger to use as for now i tried:

onAfterSendMail
onAfterSendEmailMSG
onAfterEmailUserForm

but i get no subscription.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #287543 by krileon
That action expects a user object so it can't do what you're wanting. If AcyMailing has API to subscribe a user that isn't on the site then you can probably execute it in a Code action with Method set to PHP. I'm not aware of such an API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287572 by yogiman

7 years 6 months ago #287582 by krileon
That's the API already being used in CB Auto Actions, but it looks like memberId can be a Joomla user ID or an email address. Have added a feature ticket to look into this further to see if the AcyMailing action can be improved.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6290

For now you'd either need to modify the actions code or use a Code action with Method set to PHP and utilize the AcyMailing in your own custom code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291298 by yogiman

7 years 2 months ago #291327 by krileon
Won't get to it any time soon. I'll have to rewrite that action, but my focus right now is CB Activity 4.0.0 followed by GJ 4.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn