[#6307] Add multiple category ID's to assign to Menu

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288111 by toc
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to add multiple category ID's to a Menu item type plugin. Plugin being groupjive.

I have tried to use the category as the action and select multiple category ID's to be used but it will only show one. The only other way it seems like to get multiple ID's to show up is by selecting the action of all categories but the only problem with this for what I am trying to do is that I am only trying to select certain ID's. I have been unable to find out how else to add multiple categories to a menu, any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add multiple category ID's to assign to Menu
The menu endpoint doesn't support multiple IDs nor does it state it does. When using that menu endpoint it's going directly to that specific category. There is no way to display a page of specified categories.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288125 by toc
Yeah I know it doesnt say it does was just trying to figure out if there was another way to. But I just tied each category to its own menu which doesnt look to bad. Thanks

7 years 4 months ago #288149 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add multiple category ID's to assign to Menu
Will review improving the ID parameter for GJ 4.0.0 to see if I can add support for filtering all categories, all groups, my groups, etc.. to a comma separated list of IDs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6307

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn