[#6392] Addressing different module in the CB-PROFILE Menu

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289283 by sereniteam
Is there any possibilities to address some different module to the CB-PROFILE menu link for registered user and for visitors ?

I face this problem for long time and don't find very satisfy responds up to now. Up to now I fixe a neutral module on all the page that are selected to get the module on these pages as you can see on the following link :
monbilansportsante.fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=771&Itemid=475

Problem is that Registered persons ( Doctors in our case ) don't find a great interest in discovering these modules when they want to check the other doctors's profile.

Thank for giving me ideas

Vincent

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289301 by krileon
You're wanting to assign a module to a specific profile? That's not possible at this time. The change to allow this is relatively simple, but the problem with making such a change is it causes a query per profile URL when trying to find its Itemid. If the page has 20 different profile URLs that's 20+ additional queries vs 1. So this won't be implemented until we rework how we grab Itemid as it needs to be more optimized. I've added a feature ticket as follows regarding this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6392

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289303 by sereniteam
To be more precise I'd like to assign a specific module not in relation with a specific profile but in relation with the group they belong. Registered vs Visitors

On one side Visitors may consult the registered doctor's profile close from their home. On the second one doctor may consults colleague's profil from their proper environnement

So I would like to assign different module in function of their group

SereniTeam

7 years 4 months ago #289308 by krileon
To assign a module to a specific group you'd need to use the access parameter of the module, but that's based off the viewing user and not the displayed user. There is no functionality in Joomla for what you're wanting and the best I can suggest is use a CB Content Module then an IF substitution surrounding a module include usage. Example as follows.

View Access Level usage (example is testing for Public view access level):
[cb:if user="#displayed" viewaccesslevel includes "1"]{loadmodule 1}[/cb:if]

Usergroup usage (example is testing for Registered usergroup):
[cb:if user="#displayed" usergroup includes "2"]{loadmodule 1}[/cb:if]

Note for the above to work CB Content Bot needs to be have content processing parameter enabled. See the below regarding substitutions and how to load modules using content.prepare usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

The above should display the module with an id of 1 when the displayed profile meets the specified condition.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sereniteam

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn