[#6404] CB Connect with Facebook - incorect username or password

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289483 by ricco1
Hi,

CB, Joomla and CB Connect are the latest.

When a user tries to register or log in with CB Connect and Facebook the first time the button is clicked the site always goes to an error:

Incorrect username or password. Please try again.

but actually at this point the account in Joomla! is created , and then when a second time the button is clicked the log in is OK.

Also in CB > Configuration Generate Registration Passwords is Yes and the email which the user receives includes a very long password like:

$2y$10$Vr/TkKugoQQg2MXNbHsQuudTPV1EgCGz4ZonxWo7Q3k0WGu9GxMcu

and login with that password is not allowed.

How could we prevent the error please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289516 by krileon
Most likely means you've something interrupting the registration process. Something acting on the before or after registration triggers configured in CB Auto Actions for example as CB Connect fires normal registration triggers. Could be a 3rd party Joomla User or System plugin. I am unable to confirm your issue and is working perfectly fine in my tests across 2 different installs.

The password issue is likely due to it not providing the non-encrypted password before firing registration notifications and have added a bug ticket to see if that can be fixed without causing a plaintext password store bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6404

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289641 by ricco1
OK, let's keep this topic for the password issue, I'll open a new topic for the CB Connect and the registration issue.

If we include the password as [PASSWORD] in the email being send the email contains [PASSWORD], but not the real password.

Is there a way to exclude the password from being sent in the registration email only when a user registers with CB Connect?

7 years 4 months ago #289645 by ricco1

7 years 4 months ago #289669 by krileon

Is there a way to exclude the password from being sent in the registration email only when a user registers with CB Connect?

You could try using an IF substitution condition around the password substitution. Example as follows.

[cb:if fb_userid=""][password][/cb:if]

See the below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

However you should not be emailing passwords at all unless you're using generated passwords. CB Connect does use a generated passwords though and have added a bug ticket to see if it substituting incorrectly can be fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1

7 years 4 months ago #289711 by ricco1
Super, now the encrypted password is not sent to CB Connect registered members.

Could you let us know when the bug is fixed please, so we can remove the substitution.

Thank you. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn