[#6400] after groupjive-update can't open groups in front-end

7 years 3 months ago #289869 by isaac-gsc
I don't use a menu, I use the button "new group" in user-profile (tab groups in profiles). I get only a list of existing groups, but can't create a new group.

When I try to open a group from the list of existing groups nothing happened, I always see the list auf groups.

The following I tried in a copy of my existing homepage:
- deinstallation of cb and groupjive
- del all cb- and groupjive-tables form database
- new installation of cb and groupjive
- chance the menu to the new menu from installation

After that in frond-end nothing different, it doesn’t work.

But in back-end I hav a new bug, I will always see a blank windows, when I try to create an new category or group in groupjive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289872 by gjschaller

krileon wrote: The 2014-04-25-17-01-40 alias is from the In-Game Groups menu item on the Navigation menutype under Community. I've changed it to "groups" and it displays fine. Both the menu item there and under the GJ menu work fine. What were these set to when it wasn't allowing you to navigate to any categories or groups as per your original reply in this topic?

Pulling from my Live site, which hasn't been updated yet, it was / is:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=all

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

7 years 3 months ago #289874 by isaac-gsc
I try two other ways:

1. Install a fresh joomla on my server
2. install cb and groupjive - every thing works fine
3. install other components - every thing works fine
4. import data via sql from my existing joomla (except for data from cb- and groupjive-tables) - groupjive don't work no more :(

----
1. restore a Backup with cb 1.9.1 and groupjive 2.7 - works fine
2. updating joomla - wokrs fine
3. updating cb - works fine
4. updating groupjive - groupjive don't work no more

So, it seems to be a bug/error in database, but can't find it. Do you have any idea?

7 years 3 months ago #289882 by gjschaller
The bug is the Menu Item - I was able to fix it by re-creating it. This is why restoring or pulling from your old site causes the problem, because it's bringing the bad menu item with it.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289911 by krileon
Yup, it's external menu items causing it. Specifically the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6400

In short we're processing external menu items like they're internal during SEF usage. This is wrong as Joomla completely ignores external menu items when SEF is enabled (their alias, etc.. is entirely ignored). Will have to figure how to handle this in addition to adding more migration.

gjschaller wrote: Pulling from my Live site, which hasn't been updated yet, it was / is:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=all

Was able to confirm with that URL. Thank you, will see what I can do to fix those usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289914 by krileon
Ok, it looks like these external menu items that are causing this odd behavior have the component_id value set in their database entry when it's not supposed to be. This seams to be a Joomla bug. If you change an internal CB menu item to an external menu item and supply a CB URL it keeps that component_id value set to com_comprofiler extension id, which is breaking the SEF routing. Seeing if this can be fixed or if these URLs can be migrated more easily. Below is example of how it's broken with an external menu item.

Wrong:
/groups/groups/all

Correct:
/component/comprofiler/pluginclass/cbgroupjive/groups/all?Itemid=1046

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn