What happened to user-list filtering?

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289755 by mikerotec
What happened to user-list filtering? was created by mikerotec
If I pull up the user list and hit 'tools' ( to check users online, for example) - it now brings up a "stuck-open" group dropdown, and a whole bunch of other fields open. ( see screen capture)

I have to scroll way, way down the page just to get to the "search" button. And after the results return, the same stuff is stuck at the top, and I have to scroll way down the page to see the results. It didn't used to behave this way...

PS!! The forum here really should be re-configured so that it does not trigger FLOOD PROTECTION when I am editing my own post. (It is not very productive to have to wait FOUR MINUTES to correct a typo or add a missing word...)

Error
Flood protection! Please wait 240 seconds before submitting an another message.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289767 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What happened to user-list filtering?
Not sure I understand the question. Nothing happened to it other than we've added date filtering support. You have a filter active so it keeps the filters expanded. Collapsible fieldsets was just recently added and will turn it on for the date filters so they'll collapse down to a single line unless needed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6413

PS!! The forum here really should be re-configured so that it does not trigger FLOOD PROTECTION when I am editing my own post. (It is not very productive to have to wait FOUR MINUTES to correct a typo or add a missing word...)

We've no choice as we've become more and more popular our forums become a bigger target for spammers, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

7 years 4 months ago #289772 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic What happened to user-list filtering?
OK! collapsing those date filters will make it much more usable. But you really need to fix the "Select Group" dropdown - IT IS STUCK OPEN (I wasn't selecting anything when the screenshot was taken - it is always stuck open like that!).

Flood protection is one thing, but the Kunena people need to get on the ball and tweak that so it doesn't trigger when I am EDITING MY OWN POST. :-)

7 years 4 months ago #289779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What happened to user-list filtering?

OK! collapsing those date filters will make it much more usable. But you really need to fix the "Select Group" dropdown - IT IS STUCK OPEN (I wasn't selecting anything when the screenshot was taken - it is always stuck open like that!).

It's not stuck open; it's just a multiple select. You used to be able to only filter by 1 usergroup at a time, but since it's a multiple select now you can filter by as many as you want.

Flood protection is one thing, but the Kunena people need to get on the ball and tweak that so it doesn't trigger when I am EDITING MY OWN POST.

Parameter doesn't state it applies to edits, but just new posts. So seams to be a bug in Kunena I guess. I've now reported it to Kunena to see if this is intended or a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn