[#6427] Field only shown to users, and editable by Board and Moderators.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289941 by fribse2011
Hi Guys

I'm trying to create something clever of some sort.
I have a field that I want to be viewable only for the user.
I would also like the board, and moderators to be able to see it, and edit it, also as ajax on a list.

The structure is:
Registered
Board

So I tried going to the field, and set it in CB Privacy as "Forced Privacy Control" to "Private".
In the Edit Display, I set it as "Custom View Access Level" to "Board"
In the Ajax I set as Inline in both profile and List.
I also have Conditional installed, but that is not set up on this field.

For some reason I cannot edit my own value on the list if it is set to 0 (it's a integer field), after the list is refreshed (I'm in the Board), I have to go into my profile to edit it, the same problem is shown for a moderator.
The list is sorted first after the field, largest values at the top, and then by the name.
Is there a misconfig or is it as it's supposed to be?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289942 by fribse2011
Hmm, this must be a bug, I just tested it with a normal 'member', that shows the same behaviour.
If there is a 0 in the field, it can not be ajax edited.

Best regards
Fribse

7 years 3 months ago #289964 by krileon
What do you have set for "Show Empty Fields" and "Empty Field Text" in CB > Configuration > User Profile. It may think it's empty. Try disabling CB Privacy and see if it's CB Privacy then see if it can be ajaxed with a value of 0. Checkbox fields use 1 and 0 values and those appear working fine in my tests, but a 0 for integer fields is treated as null (no value).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290002 by fribse2011
Show Empty Fields is set to Yes.
Empty Field Text is set to '-'
It shows 0, when it's set to 0, not '-'.
Disabling the Privacy plugin did not change the behaviour.

Best regards
Fribse

7 years 3 months ago #290012 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in all my tests. Please ensure your entire install is up to date (CB and the installed plugins). If issue persists after updating please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look as it's probably some sort of parameter configured that's doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290017 by fribse2011
Ok, I've just gone through the install, it should be completely updated (no red plugins), I haven't used the nightly builds though.
I'll PM you the credentials.

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn