[#6435] Gallery works well but slight mistake in display in activity

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290033 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,

I have found something in Gallery that does not work correctly. When you upload a picture in the side-ways format (vertical instead of horizontal) then the display in Activity does not work as it should. See picture and focus on the picture that I uploaded in Gallery. Totally left.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290048 by krileon
What's the issue? Looks as it should. Your thumbnail size is probably too small to fill the box. If it is then it fills it with gray as the box size in activity is static to allow for that multi-image display. You can adjust the size of the thumbnail within CB Gallery parameters, but it will not affect already uploaded images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290072 by timstohr
I have changed now the thumbnail size to 1024*1024 and uploaded pictures:

Now I have tested with pictures that are 3 MB big (so have more than enough resolution)

So the problem is NOT the thumbnail...
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290084 by krileon
My guess is you didn't change the correct parameter. Changing the parameter also has no affect on existing images and you must re-upload. They also do not need to be so large as that usage is only 400x400. This is all working fine locally and on our demo site (see top activity entry; the height is only 320px).

Edit: Ok, I see your issue and it's likely due to wrong parameter being changed. The default height for photo thumbnails is 320px. This is configured within CB Gallery > Parameters > Photos. This is not configured in CB Gallery > Parameters > Thumbnails as that's for Videos, Files, and Music thumbnails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 3 months ago #290185 by timstohr
Ah yeah, I have just seen the EDIT you have made. Yes, my parameters are set for 150 px as I need that properly filling out the space on a) the website over desktop and b) over the app. If I leave it to 320 px, it looks less than beautiful on phone (it re-arranges to be a single line downwards) and if I do it less than 320 px it looks on not good activity...

Considering that you need to consider (awesome english here...) that people also use the stuff on mobile phones, different plugins, different set-ups, it would be great to have different settings that do not intermix (one for activity thumbnails and one for gallery thumbnails)... It is a modular build-up so each module plugin should, if possible, have its own settings... that would avoid the above situation (perfect size and shape etc... for gallery, break-down on activity....)

Bye
Tim

7 years 3 months ago #290229 by krileon
There is no way different resizing values are going to be added for different devices, sorry. That'd more than double the storage requirements per image. CB Gallery activity output just needs to be more responsive. The 400px box size should drop to 200px on mobile. Have added a feature ticket to add responsiveness to the activity output from CB Gallery.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6435

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn