[#6441] tooltip on labels

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290275 by carin
[#6441] tooltip on labels was created by carin
How do I get the tooltips to show up on the labels and not on the input fields in the "my account" edit view? The current tooltip behavior is the opposite from what the user learned so far throughout the rest of the Joomla website.

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic tooltip on labels
There's no functionality for that. People don't typically hover over a field label, but the certainly hover/click/focus on the input which is why strong UX is to show it there. Hover only is not responsive compatible (will not work on mobile devices) and taking over label click behavior likely will break focus on click behavior among likely other things.

With that said have added a feature ticket to see if adding an additional opener trigger for tooltips is possible so hovering label would trigger the input tooltip to display.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6441

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carin

7 years 1 month ago #292333 by carin
Replied by carin on topic tooltip on labels
I guess there is also no way to tell the field description to show up permanently unterneath the field. I think that would be helpful for many usecases. MAybe you can add that to the feature request. Thanks

CB 2.0

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic tooltip on labels

I guess there is also no way to tell the field description to show up permanently unterneath the field.

That's doable under the layout parameters of your field where you can override the icons display. You'll notice modes for "Info icon" and "Info text" the "Info text" modes output the description as just a string directly next to the input. You can use CSS to move it below the input. You could also use the profile edit value layout parameter to further customized the edit display of an input.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn