[#6447] Unexpected Error when using "Query Drop Down (Single Select)"

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290323 by MMDoege
Hello,

goal is to let users select only one country and city when registering or updating their profile.

App reads "Country" from Geonames DB table correctly and outputs values in given language (lang_tag specific).
"CIty" is being updated by inputs/selects of "Country" and "Postcode" and retrieved from Geonames DB table as well.
There are no parameters saying that value selected by user must only have 1 character.

However CB outputs errors as the retrieved values are longer than 1 character.
I wonder where these limitations come from.

Pls. See attachements.

Workaround: Switching to "Query Drop Down (Multi-Select)" solves the issue to some extend as the user may select more than one country even if maximum select=1 (there is no error message saying not to select more than 1 option). This leads to "City" being empty as DB cannot read more than 1 countries. So "Query Drop Down (Multi-Select)" is more error prone than "Query Drop Down (Single Select)".

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290339 by krileon
That validation is for text fields and multiselects. Not sure why it's applying to your select field. Was it a text field at some point? If so you may have leftover parameters from the text field causing that to trigger. Change your field to a query multiselect then under Global set "Maximum Select" to 0 then Parameters > Validation set "Minimum Select" to 0, Save, then change back to a query single select. That should fix those parameters and have added a bug ticket to add checks for this internally so it won't cause problems like this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6447

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMDoege

7 years 3 months ago #290349 by MMDoege
Thx a lot.
Switching to multi-select and back to single has fixed issue.
(There is no such field at parameter Parameters > Validation to set "Minimum Select" to 0)

As both fields are very critical to proper profiles and language management I have to thank you ver y much for your quick assistance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn