[#6451] CB Gallery albums on an additional page

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290351 by jolo32
I would like to set up a page with CB content where I can show some of my gallery albums. Is that possible?

I would like to have that on a new page so,that I can decide which album I want to have on it. And this page will then be on a own menu link.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery albums on an additional page
You can display a gallery on a separate page by using the menu type Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB Gallery. However at this time you can not specify a specific album to display. I've added a feature ticket for this though, but for now it'd just display that entire gallery.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6451

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294360 by drhustle
Replied by drhustle on topic CB Gallery albums on an additional page
I was checking out this post and also clicked on the ticket to try and get details on the feature proposal.

f you don't mind my trying to get clarification, does this mean that albums will be designated by "Type"?

For example, when I tried to set up the album display, the page showed all of the album types, music, photos, videos, etc.

Will this make it so that if I set up a age to display member music and use the album feature only music albums will show on that page?

I would like to have separate pages on my site:
One for member music albums that are visible
One for member photo albums that are visible
One for member video albums that are visible

Is this an existing feature that I am overlooking, will this feature proposal create it or is it not a feature that exists?

Thanks

6 years 11 months ago #294389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery albums on an additional page
Albums don't have a type. Media has a type. Galleries can be configured to only allow specific types and thus will only show those specific types. So if videos are not enabled for a gallery you can not add videos to it nor will it display videos.

The feature ticket has nothing to do with any of this. The feature ticket is simply to allow linking to an album of a gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn