[#6539] Multiple columns layout backend

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #292167 by Astrid
I've set checkboxes to be shown in 3 columns in a tab in the backend. I haven't worked on this site for a while, but I am pretty sure it used to work without problems as I checked some boxes in the now invisible columns.
After the update to 2.1.2, a strange width is added inline, causing 2 colums to be only visible when scrolling far to the right.
It can be solved with custom.css, but I suppose it's a bug.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #292183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple columns layout backend
It's the size parameter doing that, which isn't normally available to a multi-checkbox field. Was it a different fieldtype before it was a multi-checkbox field at some point? You can change it to a multi-select, set size to 0, save, then change back to multi-checkbox, and save to clear it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #292199 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Multiple columns layout backend
Hi Kyle,

Thx. It works.
No, it wasn't another fieldtype before. Has always been query multi select. As I stated before, I already had checked boxes in 2th and 3rd column a while ago, before the CB update. So it was ok.
But it's solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 2 months ago #292214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple columns layout backend
I've went ahead and added a bug ticket to fix this. Either it needs to ignore the field size parameter or make it available so a size can be specified in multicheckbox fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6539

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #292237 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic [#6539] Multiple columns layout backend
Think you have a typo:

this parameter is now available while editing the field

now should be not I suppose.

7 years 2 months ago #292254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#6539] Multiple columns layout backend
Yes, it's a typo. Fixed, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.693 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn