[#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2

7 years 1 month ago #292469 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Hello,

I have tried to disable all CB plugins and enable them again one by one.

It appears that the geocommunity plugins were causing part of the issue. When I keep them disabled, then profiles are accessible through the URL that ends like this:
/component/comprofiler/userprofile/

(with at the end the name of the profile if it's someone else's profile)

When I click on my profile image in the login/logout module, it will also send me to the URL that works to view my own profile. Same with other links such as the "who is online" module or in the Kunena forums.

However, when I try to go to the menu link that is associated with the mandatory CB profile link, I still keep getting the error that the account doesn't exist. Any and all logout-buttons still don't work either. In the Tools-section I still get the warning that there is no mandatory CB profile menu link created (even though there is). So this is still a major problem, and one that I can't find a solution for myself (I have tried all kinds of things).

I know you guys must be very busy, but I hope you can soon make the time to address this issue. I have searched and searched in the hopes that someone else had the same issue before and that a solution was presented, but no luck. So I really need your help.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2

It appears that the geocommunity plugins were causing part of the issue. When I keep them disabled, then profiles are accessible

All of your plugins need to be updated. If they show as incompatible in CB > Plugin Management that's your warning that they probably are not going to work.

through the URL that ends like this: /component/comprofiler/userprofile/

Your URLs are not SEF because you're missing a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. Be sure to leave Tab and User parameters for that menu item as empty.

However, when I try to go to the menu link that is associated with the mandatory CB profile link, I still keep getting the error that the account doesn't exist. Any and all logout-buttons still don't work either. In the Tools-section I still get the warning that there is no mandatory CB profile menu link created (even though there is). So this is still a major problem, and one that I can't find a solution for myself (I have tried all kinds of things).

It sounds like you may have the User parameter set for that menu item. Turn off SEF to see what Itemid your URLs are using then fix the menu item associated with that Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292475 by Vorak
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already updated the plugins (the Geocommunity one is the newest version too but still causes problems - but that's a problem for later) and disabled the ones that I didn't find an update for right now (such as cb.wall).

I turned off SEF and get this URL at the end:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&tab=&user=&Itemid=1718&lang=en

ItemId in the menu items is cb-profile, the one that was created by CB automatically when installing CB 2. Of this menu item I can say:
- It is the mandatory User Profile menu item
- It is "published"
- It is "public"
- In required settings, the "Tab" and "User" fields are empty.

So, as far as I know, the menu item is setup correctly as it was originally created by CB 2. I have already tried to recreate it, tried to set the language to "all" or "English", but it makes no difference.

7 years 1 month ago #292479 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292482 by Vorak
Thank you for looking into it, I just sent you a PM.

7 years 1 month ago #292494 by Vorak
Hello,

I was wondering if you had the chance to take a look at it yet?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn