Updating language files on php 7.1.1 getting error notice

7 years 1 month ago #292710 by jojo12
when updating on php 7.1.1 I get:
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /srv/www/vhosts/mysite.ch/httpdocs/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/PclZip.php on line 1881,

I know, you'll say to disable error notification, but to disable such notifications does'nt make sense for me.
It's like disabling the warning light, when there's a problem with the motor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292729 by krileon
We have not tested PHP 7.1.1 and current PHP 7 support is minimal due to some 3rd party libraries (Guzzle and Imagine) not being PHP 7 compatible with the versions we're using. I do not recommend PHP 7 at this time. This should hopefully change with CB 2.2 as we'll need to move our minimum supported PHP version to 5.6 to be able to support PHP 7 properly.

I've added a bug ticket for this, but you can safely ignore it as it appears to be complaining about '123' * 123 usage. Note it is a low level notice and not an error.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6563

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn