Override language string for cbUserListResultCount

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292718 by markboos
In the search results of the userlist, on top of the page is
"4 users" and a dropdown with the number 5. (strange)

<div class="cbUserListResultCount">4 users</div>

I want to override the field translation like "members:", but cannot find the needed language key in the language plugin.

Where to find it ? And if i cannot change it, how to hide it.

.cbUserListResultCount {
display: none !important;
}

Does not work in my custom.css

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292732 by krileon
You can't override part of a language string. You'll have to override that entire language string, which is as follows.

USERS_COUNT_MEMBERS

There's also the following if no search is made.

SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS

Both can be overridden on a userlist by userlist basis as well using the below.

USERLIST_#_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS
USERLIST_#_COUNT_MEMBERS

Replace # with the userlist id.

Where to find it ? And if i cannot change it, how to hide it.

.cbUserListResultCount {
display: none !important;
}

Does not work in my custom.css

Try using CBs CSS override functionality. See the below on how to use it.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markboos

6 years 1 month ago #301680 by pjharley
The language override for lists isn't working for me. Can you please check?

I have the following in my cblanguageoverride-language.php file:

'USERLIST_5_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Prospect|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Prospects',
'USERLIST_5_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Prospect|%%USERS_COUNT%% Prospects',
'USERLIST_6_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% ex-Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% ex-Members',
'USERLIST_6_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% ex-Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% ex-Members',
'USERLIST_7_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Members',
'USERLIST_7_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_8_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Board Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_8_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_9_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Assistant|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Assistants',
'USERLIST_9_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Assistants|%%USERS_COUNT%% Assistants',
'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => 'There is %%TOTAL%% member in this list|There are %%TOTAL%% members in this list',
'USERS_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% member|%%USERS_COUNT%% members',

None of the USERLIST_# overrides work but the last one 'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' does work.

The number in the above denotes the List ID.

What am I doing wrong?

6 years 1 month ago #301684 by nant

pjharley wrote: The language override for lists isn't working for me. Can you please check?

I have the following in my cblanguageoverride-language.php file:

'USERLIST_5_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Prospect|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Prospects',
'USERLIST_5_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Prospect|%%USERS_COUNT%% Prospects',
'USERLIST_6_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% ex-Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% ex-Members',
'USERLIST_6_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% ex-Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% ex-Members',
'USERLIST_7_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Members',
'USERLIST_7_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_8_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Board Member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_8_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Member|%%USERS_COUNT%% Board Members',
'USERLIST_9_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Assistant|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% Assistants',
'USERLIST_9_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% Assistants|%%USERS_COUNT%% Assistants',
'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => 'There is %%TOTAL%% member in this list|There are %%TOTAL%% members in this list',
'USERS_COUNT_MEMBERS' => '%%USERS_COUNT%% member|%%USERS_COUNT%% members',

None of the USERLIST_# overrides work but the last one 'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' does work.

The number in the above denotes the List ID.

What am I doing wrong?

Please use this method:

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

6 years 1 month ago #301710 by krileon
Looks like the same bug as other per id language keys. The order of which the keys are specified in the code prevents your overrides from working. Am fixing for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7014

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #301753 by pjharley
Thanks Nick,

Well I was partially doing something wrong.
I did not have the German translation installed for CB so never saw the Overrides tab.
However, I have now installed it and re-entered all my overrides (46 in total for each language).

The targeted Userlist override still does not work.

BTW: It would be great if the overrides page was a bit more efficient with real estate. The fields take up too much space so with 46 I have a lot of scrolling to do to make sure I have them all. Can it be in a table format, even a CSV import option would be really useful.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn