Override language string for cbUserListResultCount

6 years 1 month ago #301766 by krileon

The targeted Userlist override still does not work.

Correct, it's bugged as noted above. The fix should be out later today in a new build release so keep your overrides as they should work fine after update is available.

BTW: It would be great if the overrides page was a bit more efficient with real estate. The fields take up too much space so with 46 I have a lot of scrolling to do to make sure I have them all. Can it be in a table format, even a CSV import option would be really useful.

No, that's not how our repeat usage works (it can't output as a table). An import/export option is planned in a later release though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305154 by cgwhite
Kyle, I am looking at my "Default language (English)" language file and if I search for "USERLIST_xx_COUNT_MEMBERS" I do not find that key in the file.

I am looking to change the wording on my userlist counts i.e. Change "[SITENAME] has 481 registered members" to [SITENAME] has 481 paid up members"

Where do I do this? I notice that I have two language plugins published. en-GB as well as Default Language (English). Do I need both?

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 9 months ago #305163 by krileon
The per-userlist language keys don't exist. You have to add it manually directly to the Key parameter of your override and replace the xx with the userlist id you want to override. See my reply below for the generic language keys in addition to the per-userlist language keys.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/236340-override-language-string-for-cbuserlistresultcount?limitstart=0#292732

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305185 by cgwhite
Dear Kyle,

Sorry but you have lost me completely.

I have a list with ID = 8 that I wish to change the wording to say "This list has X members who have paid there subscription" instead of "Site has X registered members".

From what you are saying I have to add a KEY of 'USERLIST_8_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' somewhere. I was assuming that this went into the 'Default Language (English)' plugin under the Overrides tab. Is this correct?

If that is the KEY what goes into the "Text" section of the override?

What is the difference between the 2 language plugins?

There are some of us who need a little more than just being pointed at old posts where it was identified that a bug existed because it does not work.

Regards,

Chris.

5 years 9 months ago #305186 by cgwhite
Kyle, I have got this working partially. I am still not sure why I have 2 language files. But if I add the userlist key to the en-GB language file this partially works.

I have a menu item that links to CB Lists and brings up my default list. That list has the new wording on it. If I use the dropdown to select a second list that too has the correct wording on it. But when I select a list that also has a menu link to the same list then the wording changes to just "xx members".

I hope that makes sense. It seems to only happen when the list automatically displays the search criteria from the menu link.

Regards,

Chris.

P.S. What happens to overrides when I update the language file?

5 years 9 months ago #305221 by krileon
You should uninstall en-GB CB language plugin as it's no longer necessary. English is built into CB it self. You'd add your overrides to CBs Default language for English overrides. The default language strings for the counter are as follows.

Key: SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS
Specific Key: USERLIST_##_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS
String:
[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered members

Key: USERS_COUNT_MEMBERS
Specific Key: USERLIST_##_COUNT_MEMBERS
String:
%%USERS_COUNT%% member|%%USERS_COUNT%% members

In both of the above userlist specific key usages replace ## with the ID of your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn