[SOLVED] auto action change usergroup

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #292920 by fredc15
[SOLVED] auto action change usergroup was created by fredc15
Hi,

I am trying to use an auto action to move a user into a certain group based on a selection at registration. The auto action I setup is not moving the user after registration. I've searched and read other forum posts and tried using those options but still not working.

I have setup the auto action with the following parameters:

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Usergroup
User: Automatic
Access CMS ACL: Public

Condition
cb field Equal to cb field selection value (Yes)

Action
Mode: Add Usergroups
Groups: NewGroup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292924 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic auto action change usergroup
You have no triggers selected. You should be acting on the after registration trigger. I'm not sure exactly what your condition is, but it should be something like the below for example.

[FIELD_NAME] Equal To VALUE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292927 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic auto action change usergroup
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. Im using the "onAfterUserRegistration" trigger with the fieldname Equal To the value

7 years 2 weeks ago #292935 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of the Global and Conditions tab. Your action should work fine if configured properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292942 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic auto action change usergroup
Hi Thanks,

Find attached screenshots.
Attachments:

7 years 2 weeks ago #292951 by krileon
Change the Access to Everybody and you'll need to fix your condition as it's not a valid substitution. See my above reply and the below tutorial on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

For example you have the following.

FIELD_NAME Equal To 1

That is literally comparing the string FIELD_NAME to 1 so it'll always fail. You need to substitute in your field instead so you're conditioning the field actual value. Example as follows.

[FIELD_NAME] Equal To 1

The Yes/No can also be set to No as you don't need the value to be passed through language translation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn