[#6662] allow profile save only after avatar crop is done

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #294611 by carin
I have setup the avatar image so it needs to be croped by the user to a square before it is accepted. However most of the times the upload is so slow that the user does not realise that there is the cropping of the image that has to be done and the user clicks the save profile button. Firstly CB should not accept that uncropped image and secondly the save button needs to be disabled until the user cropped the uploaded avatar and a hint needs to be dispplayed stating why the save button is not available yet. Is that a setup error on my side or a bug in CB?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #294628 by krileon
The cropping should be applied regardless of them selecting an area to crop. Appears if you're very quick you can bypass this though. I only managed to make this bug out with a 4320x2728 4mb photo so far. Looks like it's mainly due to the browsers API just flat out not handling image that large very well. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6662

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294631 by krileon
Was able to track down some problems with our CBValidate jQuery plugin. Should be fixed for a new nightly later today or early tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #294683 by carin
Saw the follow ups in the tracker, great! Where do I find the nightly builds?

CB 2.0

6 years 10 months ago #294722 by krileon
It's not available yet. It still needs to be reviewed and merged. All our core CB code is peer reviewed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn