[#6705] Profile Logger V3 email subject change

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295818 by sclarke
Hi,

We just upgraded to the new version of the CB Profile Logger plugin. The old version used to have the username of the person that made the profile update as well as what username profile was updated in the email subject. With the new version it is just a generic email subject of "A profile has been updated" subject. When you are searching your email for an update that a particular user made, it is nice to have the username in the email subject. Would it be possible to have that added back in or is there a way to change the email subject?

Example of old email subject: Sitename - Profile Logger notification: username1 profile updated by username2

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #295829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Logger V3 email subject change
It's a language string so you're welcome to override it and change it to whatever you like, but yes will change the string to be more informative with next build.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6705

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #295846 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic Profile Logger V3 email subject change
Hi Kyle,

Thank you for putting that on the list of updates.

So, what would I need to do to change the language string so it would include the username of the profile being edited and the username of the person doing the edit?

I looked in CB > Plugins > en-GB > Overrides for the string "A profile has been updated!" but it didn't find it. I also tried the Default Language Overrides but didn't find it there either. Where would I update this subject language string exactly?

Thank you.

6 years 8 months ago #295855 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile Logger V3 email subject change
Nightly build with the language string improved has already been released. Subject should indicate who updated their profile and if it was another user it indicates who updated the profile of what user. As for language overrides see the below blog post.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn