CB Gallery further UX and questions about the interaction with activity

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295967 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am currently testing out the new Gallery and have found some UX errors.
1) If I just want to upload photos (without text) then it tells me that I have to enter some text ("Please provide a message.")... That is somewhat annoying and can defeat the point.
2) try to upload using a mobile, you can only upload single photos and this can be very annoying...
3) When I click on the photo, it shows me a black screen including an error message: EDIT: Only seems to happen when a CB moderator clicks on that image... The normal user works perfectly fine. EDIT EDIT: The user cannot click on his own photos inside ACTIVITY.
4) The CB gallery resizing before upload is dearly needed. I barely can upload photos over mobile...

See attached...

Otherwise, great kudos on making this work so spot on...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295985 by krileon

1) If I just want to upload photos (without text) then it tells me that I have to enter some text ("Please provide a message.")... That is somewhat annoying and can defeat the point.

You can't post activity without submitting a message. That's a limitation of CB Activity and CB Gallery can not override it. Have added a feature ticket to CB Activity to see about implementing message-less posts as long as some other content is attached that is meaningful (e.g. location, mood, upload). Sharing photos with no message can just be done from CB Gallery for the time being.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6709

2) try to upload using a mobile, you can only upload single photos and this can be very annoying...

It uses a standard file input and allows multiple file selection. It's up to the mobile devices to be compatible with this. There are no plans to implement a heavy JS library to support this specifically on mobile.

3) When I click on the photo, it shows me a black screen including an error message: EDIT: Only seems to happen when a CB moderator clicks on that image... The normal user works perfectly fine. EDIT EDIT: The user cannot click on his own photos inside ACTIVITY.

After it has been saved? After the page has reloaded? After upload in the upload preview? Where are you seeing this exactly. All 3 cases seam to be working fine in my tests.

4) The CB gallery resizing before upload is dearly needed. I barely can upload photos over mobile...

Client side resizing is planned as noted below. No idea if it works on mobile though, but suppose it should depending on the capabilities of the mobile browser.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6228

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn